New 193 hp BMW S 1000 RR

Jayhawk

Registered
Didn't see a thread on this.

bmw_s_1000_rr_21_opt.jpg

BMW has finally pulled the wraps off its new S 1000 RR superbike, and let's just say we're anything but disappointed. First, the most important bits: 193 horsepower at 13,000 RPM, 82.5 lb-ft of torque at 9,750 RPM, 455.3 pounds with a full tank of gas. For those keeping track – which is probably just about anyone interested enough to read this post – those statistics are enough to give the big Beemer the most horsepower and best power-to-weight ratio of all literbikes intended for public consumption.

Link

I think I see a gixxer :laugh: ooops wait... they dont come in green! can we test ride one? :whistle:

holy cow... est Retail of only $15,000? for a BMW? amazing...

Last edited:
I want the big 1200GS Adventure for my retirement present in 3 years.....now I'm thinking, which one would I enjoy more? I already have a KLR!

thats one sexy bish....I'd drive it.

I wonder if they underrate their bike HP as much as they do their cars...

Die Serienmaschine BMW S 1000 RR wird im Frühsommer 2009 der Öffentlichkeit vorgestellt und ist bereits jetzt im Handel bestellbar. 2009 beträgt der Preis der BMW S 1000 RR EUR 15.150,- inkl. MwSt. Die Auslieferung erfolgt ab Ende 2009.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.de/de/de/index.html

That means

can now be ordered ,will be presented to public in early summer 09 , delivery starts end of 2009

2009 price for the people in the land were i ts build

20.000 $

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
I think i see a redfined KTM..

It's time for zuki to come up with a +200hp busa.

Last edited:
:wow: :wow:" 455.3 lb in road trim and with a full tank, BMW 's new supersports is by far the lightest machine of its calibre displacing 999 cc and featuring ABS brakes." ::18

I WANT ONE

If BMW has taken these bold steps. And we all know they don't half ass anything. It can only mean one thing....they have be thinking WSB contender now. Probably will not be long till there on the podium as well.

The're still struggling in WSBK but getting better.
That is one pretty bike there. Hopefully Roadracing World does a test on one sometime soon.

I must be the only skeptic on here. Don't get me wrong, I love the German cars. I happen to drive a 2006 VW Jetta GLI. This just seems pretty far fetched to me. I don't believe it. :laugh:

Just kidding.

The look is nice. Very light in the ars with that kind of HP. Look kind of CBRish to me.:thumbsup:

First thing I'm doing is removing the signals and putting in mirrors with integrated signals, oh, and they can keep green. I want a silver one

Last edited:
Back