Not sure which direction to go... advice needed....

rashad

Registered
Well... I messed up today.

Now, before I get into this... I really planned on painting the bike in August. The body panels (were) perfect other than paint...

I went to hang with some friends today. There was a bunch of them at the pavilion/ cookout thing by the stocked pond at their apt complex.

Last time they had mentioned that I should bring the bike closer, out of the parking lot.

There is a paved walking path that leads to it and all you have to do is hope a tiny curb and you ride the 100 feet up to the pavilion.

I got there and rode up no problem.

They were all gawking and loving the bike. A guy showed up on a really really clean 83 gs550 and we decided to go play a little..

On my way back out there was someone walking up the path on crutches so I decided to go to their right...

I went over the curb a little to the right of where I should have and there was a rain gutter 4" lower than the road...oops..the bike landed on the lower fairing being just a LITTLE to far of a drop for the front tire...

*CRACK!!!* uggh...

I parked it and examined the damage.

Looks like I cracked both fairings where they meet at the bottom and from what I can tell I am missing plastic...yet I couldnt find any.

You cant tell unless you get under the bike but dammit!!!! WHY!???? IT was seriously a stupidly simple thing.. not even what I would call a curb.. Didnt see the gutter on my way in...

So Now I pretty much have a few options:

1.) Just buy painted everything from Grindaz llc and sell my fairings/tank on ebay.

2.) Have my excellent painter buddy try to patch it up and paint the bike like planned. (kinda hard without the peices to fiberglass back on)

3.) Buy cheapo ebay fairings and see how they fit.

4.) Kill myself

5.) not care and leave it ugly and wanting while I search for another bike because Im ticked...:banghead:

6.) Kill myself. twice.

7.)?

:please:

Fix it how? I was thinking of replacing just the side fairings and still having my bud paint it for me.

Man that sux! All you can do is first and most important is learn from your mistakes. Peer pressure sux! It's a Busa, you don't have to do trix to impress anyone.
The good news is it's just plastic and paint. There are all sorts of stuff out there that can fix plastic.
It'll give you a chance to get a little more personal with your baby and might be an excuse for a little custom work.
I have an 02 1100 shadow that I bought with a dent in the tank. It got me a hell of a discount and was a perfect excuse for some custom paint when I had the dent removed. The dent shaved close to a grand off the price and the repair and custom flames cost me a little over $300.
It's not the end of the world but learn learn learn!

yeah I think I am missing one of the parts that intersect underneath..any idea how to fix that without spending 300.00 on USED fairings?

You'll feel a whole lot better with a complete underwrap....soooooo.....get shopping.....it's not like you're the first O-R-G member to misjudge a curb or drop his/her Busa.....

and if that doesn't sound comforting....#6 !!!!! :super:

if I was putting custom paint on my scoot, it would have perfect plastics to start, no repairs etc.. Contact MrCycle (board sponsor) get new ones, and then sell the old ones to recoup part of your costs..

Sorry for the mishap... really sux... and killing yourself will only make you feel better for a moment :laugh:

they can be fixed let your paint and body guy have a crack at them no pun intended:rofl:...ok maybe some pun intended:laugh:

**** happens, most important part of the bike is the rider:laugh: that gets damaged you will find out what real problems are:poke: hope you never do! fix the cracked piece or just buy some used one on e-bay since you were planning on painting anyway.

If your still riding with one front brake, why worry about a silly little piece of plastic?

If your still riding with one front brake, why worry about a silly little piece of plastic?

LMAO... :rofl:

that was a good one. The bike stops better with one front brake than my GS500e ever did... but I am getting everything I need from Goldenchild.

I appreciate your concern though!:beerchug:

Back