Summer riding jackets

Ban-One

Registered
I have a Cortech GX Air jacket that just doesn't seem to keep me cool enough here in Florida. Riding is supposed to be fun, but when you feel like your sitting in front of a hair dryer, its not . What kind of jackets do you have and does it let a lot of air in?

Last edited:
You need to upgrade to this mobile air conditioning unit

redneck_car_air_conditioner.jpg

I have a AGV Hybrid, but its not nearly as hot in NC as in FL, just try and remember if you have an off not wearing the jacket the road is 100+ and less forgiving then the jacket would have been. You can put a camel pack on and keep cool water in, usually helps me out. There really isn't any getting around 95+ degrees just work with it as you can. :thumbsup:

I have a 661 mesh armor jacket that I wear here in Cali. THis is actually my second one, thanks to DevilDog, My first one was destroyed when I got hit on the 405 Freeway, I love them and wouldnt ride in anything else. But you can also get mesh armor from Alpinesar.

I have a Cortech GX Air jacket that just doesn't seem to keep me cool enough here in Florida. Riding is supposed to be fun, but when you feel like your sitting in front of a hair dryer, its not . What kind of jackets do you have and does it let a lot of air in?

I just have a Icon mesh it's basically vents like you have nothing on and keeps the sun off your skin but with the humidity it's not much a jacket can do for you. Dry heat out West is much easier to deal with than the humidity elsewhere, especially in the (I wake up at 7:30 AM just out the shower step outside and the air is so thick I could cut it and makes me feel like I need another shower becasue I start sweating standing still) Florida humidity :banghead:

I strip down to mesh in the summer, but where you live it's probably cooking in a wife beater :whistle:

I have a tourmaster and a nitro both are better than just a t shirt at speed but ,they all hot in stop and go traffic.

I wear leather also, keeps me wet with sweat so when I am moving, it keeps me cool. I used to wear mesh, but I dried out and got hot. I don't wear mesh anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

boxers and flip flops :laugh: Seriously it does get awful hot here in the summer months. I use a joe rocket pheonix mesh jacket. Take the liner out and it is tolerable, but still hot.

I also have a JR Phoenix mesh...as long as I'm moving, it's actually pretty cool...and I live in the Houston area...hot and humid.

T-shirt and jeans for around town. Long trips I wear my jacket and put up with the heat.
It seems that Florida is getting hotter ever year. I can go for a ac unit on my bike.

Back