Maintenance Records

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering to what extent you all keep them. Just receipts, dates of and type of service and pics?? What would you look for when buying a used bike?

I have a file for each bike I have had. In these files are receipts for all service materials and any item I replace on the bike or add to the bike. On the receipts I also make a note of the mileage, date and service or modification done. I do not take pics of service being done and keep in the records. Should I add that as well??

Care to elaborate a little???? As in why you see no need???? I have always found it helps in the selling process and have seen it in many add for used bikes and other vehicles.

I keep EVERYTHING done, including the parts I change (like levers, brake lines, seat -- even tires (I use them to make clocks for friends garadges :laugh: ) ) . It helps to sell the bike for more (or at least easier), if a perspective buyer can see what you've done and the service records. Well, the buyers I deal with anyway :beerchug:

If I had kept all receipts for everything I have done to my busa since05, I would freak out if I added it up. :whistle:

I keep semi detailed maintenance logs and receipts for major parts for all my vehicles. I found my log for my old GS1150 recently and got a kick out of reading all of the jetting changes I made to that thing trying to get things sorted! Man fuel injection is sweet!:rofl:

Back