Saturday ride in Missouri 05/09

DREW

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone interested in a ride to johnson Shut ins and Elephant rocks Saturday give me a holler. Leaving out of Eureka Mo at around 11. Meet at the Quicktrip at 109 & I-44 around 10:30. :beerchug:

What time do you plan to be at the Shut-Ins? I've always wanted to see that area; I could ride that way and meet you.

i should be able to do this one :beerchug: do you know the exit number for 109 from I-44?

i should be able to do this one :beerchug: do you know the exit number for 109 from I-44?
Exit # 264. There is a couple of cool routes we can take. Will discuss and decide at meet up ! See you guys there.

It's kinda cool to be going to the Shut Ins.. I LOVED that place when I was in High School.

It's kinda cool to be going to the Shut Ins.. I LOVED that place when I was in High School.
Good old High school days ! Shut ins was crazy back in the 70s. Cliff jumping ,beer and a lot of nudity. Thats all gone now. I have not seen the place since the Taum Sauk reservoir failure. Supposed to be almost restored. Will take pics and report back. Red 05, call my cell around 10:30-10:45 for arrival time update. 314-952-0461. :thumbsup:

Drew is back home from ride. Semi and Busawhipped should have some pics of storm damage from ride today. AMAZING!! Thousands of trees blown over.

i had a great time and have made it home safely...i ended up with 359 miles today and have been up since 630 yesterday evening...i'll try to post a couple pics in a minute...we missed you Red05, wish you could have made it :beerchug:

Last edited:
Glad you guys had a good ride and are home safe. Chris is down here and we just got back from a nice long ride with two of his best friends. Look forward to some pics. Woops, I'm on Chris' login. I can have some fun.

Last edited:
this was my view all day :laugh:

IMG_3571 (Large).jpg

another shot of the damage...we rode through miles and miles of devastation...we didn't get to go into the shut ins state park because the road was completely blocked with trees everywhere...even the place where we ate lunch in Bixby didn't have any electricity, they were trying to stay open using a generator

IMG_3568 (Large).jpg

this is what happens when you line three of the mighty Busa's up and let 'em rip :thumbsup:

IMG_3569 (Large).jpg

finally, i am not sure what the two of them (BusaWhipped on the left and DREW on the right) were up to but i decided it was time for me to run when i started hearing the banjos tune up :rofl: anyway, thanks for letting me tag along today guys, i had a blast :beerchug:

IMG_3581 (Large).jpg

Back