What are your summer plans?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Post them up as soon as you can and remember to take a CAMERA.

My tentative route puts the round trip mileage at 3,705 from San Jose. That would include the Sierras over 88 to 89 north past Lake Tahoe and up thru Lassen NP, across SE Oregon into Idaho, then 12 across the Lolo Pass around Seeley Lake Montana up to Glacier, hang out there for another day, ride some local loops. Head on back into northern Idaho and end up in Enterprise/Joseph Oregon near Hell's Canyon and then wind around to Baker City, across Oregon to Crater Lake NP then head to the coast past Grant's Pass and into California, down 101, the Lost Coast Road, the Avenue, and then 101 and hiway 1 all the way back...about 8 days 7 nights averaging around 500 miles per day. Whew.....how bout you?

I'm flying to Milwaukee, WI, then riding the VTX down through Illinois, Missouri and Arkansas into Oklahoma. Then cruising around NE OK for a few days, visiting the WingDing Convention in Tulsa, then back up through Kansas, over to MO then back to WI then fly home to CA.

10 days of riding a cruiser. It's not my Busa but it's got 2 wheels so I'm happy!

finishing my garage and building the rest of my deck. Hopefully finding some time to ride in there someplace. Hoping I have better luck than I did last summer with that. if I dont, im just gonna sell the bike. lol no sense having something you never get to enjoy.

i plan on riding to from okc to denver to see a tool concert. either june or july 18th. i cant remember. i plan on making a week out of it and mapping out a nice ride near the mtns.

Wow Terry, sounds great, good route choices...all motels?
I'll be leaving June 4th, visit a friend in Carmel, stay one night in those cliff cabins on Hwy 1 in Lucia ($195 a night for no TV, no phone, no wifi, no cell reception...I guess I'm paying for ambience!). Then down to San Diego for family visit, great dinner and ride with Scar and SoCal Busa people...then my friend in Vista is going to let me race his 400hp Subaru Sti @ Ontario Speedway one day...THEN I'm going to visit all the law enforcement locations I used to work at in LA (and ck out houses I grew up in) then criscross back up the Sierras home.
Then there's MotoGP at Laguna Seca, track days, rented a beach house for a week (gonna bring the KLR). Finally, try to hook up with my NorCal riding friends whenever possible. Doyle

P1010491.JPG

Last edited:
2000 mile round trip to the Meet & Greet. One month till departure & I haven't even had the busa out yet! :banghead:

Heading to VA about mid June for about a month. See some family and hopefully be able to meet up with some of our VA members and do some riding. Other than that, me and my brother are going to do all the riding we can.

In re: " stay one night in those cliff cabins on Hwy 1 in Lucia ($195 a night for no TV, no phone, no wifi, no cell reception...I guess I'm paying for ambience!)."

Hey Doyle, I stayed there one night in the mid 70s, got the end cabin (has a loft too) and the electricity was turned off after 2200. Then, they didn't have the nice cafe they have now, just an old gas station and they didn't take credit cards either. Try the fish and chips there. Last time I had it, the (whole) fish was off the plate on each side!!! Great meal! Hopefully the old black guy will be working as your waiter. What a character he is! Here's a recent shot of their Lodge.

e5452ddf.jpg

so far, two weeeks from now is a tentative trip to Rock Island, IL at DR1300R's; two weeks later is the MnG at Eureka Springs, AR; then family vacation in MS; 4th of July weekend at DocDrops and Busa Jules in AL; middle of July is the mini-meet at the Lake of the Ozarks; end of July into August is a run into the Dakota's with Scar, zukracer, and whoever else shows up; possibly the Fall Bash if everthing works out; Caps MnG the second weekend in Oct.; and Barber Motorsports the last weekend of Oct. I am still looking for something to do/somewhere to go for Aug. 11-18, Aug. 25-Sept.1, and Sept. 8-15. woohoo, it is going to be a great summer!!! :beerchug:

Wow, you got some serious itinerary Semi! What a fun summer.
And Terry, thanks for the lodge pic and advice, that's cool to see! Doyle

Going to the Bash in July. Maybee Meet SCAR and DOYLE (If He will Let me Ride with him) then if I Have any Vacation Left. Gonna take some Flying Lessons. I allways wanted to Learn :super:

Going to the Bash in July. Maybee Meet SCAR and DOYLE (If He will Let me Ride with him) then if I Have any Vacation Left. Gonna take some Flying Lessons. I allways wanted to Learn :super:

Robert, what are you talking about...I love you man (in an arm wrestling, cussing, manly way). Doyle

MnG in Eureka, some track days at Hallet, and a few drag races in tulsa, and then fall bash.

North shore of Oahu for 10 days in June. Taking wife and all four kids. Rented a house instead of the hotel thing.

Back