Is it just me or do police not like bikes??

Greygoose

Registered
Sorry to rant,but it seems as though every one of them glare and stare at me with the "go ahead and try something punk" look in their eye until they get out of sight. I am doing nothing wrong-it's mostly if I am sitting at a redlight that I notice it.Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

They are looking at your tires and thinking.........Mmmmmm Donuts....:laugh:

Most young kids on bikes are doing something wrong on their bikes which makes the rest of us suffer. Thats the nature of the beast of riding a motorcycle.

I don't think it's wise to generalize about anything in life. I know many cops that ride, but they won't tolerate hot rodding, wheelies, etc. Most of them ride responsibly, or at least try to... :whistle:

They are pretty cool around here.

Most of the time given the type of bike we ride they think we are a kid out raising you know what. 2 of the 3 times I have been pulled over the officer's entire demeanor has changed when I removed my lid and they saw I was not some young punk showing out. Only 1 time did I get a reward. I did deserve that one by the way.:laugh:

Most of the time when I see them, I just give them a little wave or nod and they go about their business. Most of the time they stare because they're stuck in their car and would rather be out riding.

I WAS STOP ONCE AND THE FIRST THING THAT CAME OUT WAS I THOUGH YOU WERE GOING TO RUN AWAY, AFETER HE CHECK EVERYTHING HE TOLD ME TO HAVE A GOOD DAY. I DIDN'T GET A PRICE AND I WAS SPEEDING. HOW ABOUT THAT :thumbsup:

yeap i have nos on a 08 busa with the bottle showing and they do the same thing to me why is that i don't use it on the street and i have no tickets but everytime i get pulled over they just tell me that they just want to LQQK at my bike and then they say very nice job what gives them the right to do this ok i seee now they have a badge this sucks when you live in a big city like me :poke: and i am 50 yrs old and love to visit the track at irwindale ca.

Last edited:
I always get "Why didnt you run?" to which I tell them Im out of fuel. Most of the time I just wave or nod and they do the same back. No trouble with the popo around here. Although I was asked if I could outrun the Fort Worth Air One once. It tops out at 190mph.:laugh:

Only had one issue with a police officer with the bike. Long story short, i complained and the officer got a vacation without pay. Good to know people in high places. :beerchug:

My wife passed a group of vehicles and had a local officer bearing down on her from the opposite lane. I don't think he even noticed.

I think the officers either are admiring the bike (when I am driving in my car I stare at other bikes on road, plus it is a Hayabusa) or are actually thinking "go ahead and try something" attitude. I have been stopped by cool officers and not so pleasant one's as well.

There is a local cop on our pastreetbikes.com forum. He rides as Ducati Hypermotard.. im sure he NEVER misbehaves:rofl:

When I got my first streetbike.. I was 18. I did stupid stuff and got pulled over by the same cop who used to ride. He was the cheif of police. He let me go twice.

Third time he sat me in the passenger seat of his cruiser and kept saying to himself "what should i do... man, what should i do..."

He was seriously weighing the option..because I would have lost my permit. I was a moron and learned my lesson from that experience.... Now im an old head lol.

He ended u letting me go and said "If I see you riding in South side the rest of this month you are DONE! Now go home and take the Arch st. bridge if you go anywhere til july!"

It was high school graduation and i had to drive my car to school. That was punishment enough.

lesson learned and the cop unfortunately retired a few years back...he was an awesome one.

Another bud is a cop (he was a cop and rider at age 19!!)

And he gives bikes 15mph over as a rule because he understands....

when im being watched I like to wave hello to them, if they follow I like to make 9 or 10 right hand turns for no reason....its fun and as long as I dont break the law they cant pul me over...in the end Im just waisting there time...
:moon:

Only had one issue with a police officer with the bike. Long story short, i complained and the officer got a vacation without pay. Good to know people in high places. :beerchug:
taco bell story again huh....

:whistle:

yep. That guy was an azzhat, for certain. Most of the LEOS here are either cool, or guys who i went to HS with, and cool, so i dont have too many issues.

Back