Damn insurance

too many toys

Registered
Just got my insurance renewal in the mail and they are hitting me for an extra $300. I called them to ask why and was told they were granted a rate increase. This really burns me.... I have no tickets or accidents. seems like every time I turn around someone else has got their hand in my pocket!!

Yeah, This sorta thing will really bring us out of this recesion in a hurry. I CAN"T SPELL RECESSION. Anyway, you get my meaning. Seems the more you struggle the more you sink. Check with another company.

That really sucks!!! It would be a good time to shop around, or just call them back and tell them you found a better deal and unless they can match it that you will go with the other company.

Geico did me the same way this year. Wanna guess who I don't have insurance with anymore??? Swapped the bike and my truck to State Farm for less combined than just the bike with Geico.

Do yourself a favor and go shopping!

Yeah I guess its time to look around. I have all the time in the world right now. I wont be riding for awhile-- I had my ACL replaced last Monday with a repair to my Medial Miniscus.???

That really sucks!!! It would be a good time to shop around, or just call them back and tell them you found a better deal and unless they can match it that you will go with the other company.

+1 - Just make sure its a valid company and price, cause mine checked it out when I did this and they matched the price and it was lower than what I was paying.
in your face insurance co.:moon:

+1 - Just make sure its a valid company and price, cause mine checked it out when I did this and they matched the price and it was lower than what I was paying.
in your face insurance co.:moon:

When I got the bike I already knew that I was going to go with State Farm for insurance. I called to cancel my insurance with Progressive and they said oh we can match any price. That was until I told them the price I was getting with S.F. and they said there was NO WAY they could match that and it was with better coverage on my truck for $15/month less.

im pretty pumped about my insurance, just talked to a state farm guy today, only 313 for the year, geico was hitting me for 900 +. go talk to them you should leave a bit happier.

nick

Man, I don't know how you guys keep getting these great rates from State Farm. I got no points and they were the highest for me. They wanted 3200.00 for a year and progressive told me 1100.00.

I know part of mine is I don't have medical payments on mine.

+1 Helps to have the ole girls birth certificate in hand and clear.
Thanks... I'll be taking a look at S.F tomarrow.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess its time to look around. I have all the time in the world right now. I wont be riding for awhile-- I had my ACL replaced last Monday with a repair to my Medial Miniscus.???

Take care of that knee! Best wishes that you are riding again soon!

KJ, I'm guessing it has a lot to do with where you live.

They LOVE to steal bikes around Chicago.

Oh yeah, did I mention that through SF, my bike insutance is $299.18 a year for full coverage, towing, roadside assistance, and a $250 deductible?

i have 08 busa full coverage in so calif $465 a year no ticket or fender bender why is it so high where you live ????????

Hes right outside Chicago. Stealing motorcycles is pretty much the town activity, or one of them, anyway. if I ever ride to chicago, i dont let my bike out of my SIGHT.

Back