My Harley riding friend giving me a hard time

Mewn

Registered
Hey,
I recently travelled to NY to visit some old friends. After seeing one friends custom softtail I proceeded to tell him about my Busa and ended up hearing a bunch of crap about it. He could not understand why I would want to ride a sportbike instead of a Harley. I told him why would I want to waste my money on a slower worse handling ride when I can have the king of the street for less then half what he spent. Anyway he insisted I take his bike for a ride and I will admit it was fun. The exhaust sound is badass and it reminded me of sitting in my Lazy Boy with my feet up while driving down the road. So anyway, NY is such a ballbusting state, with 9 dollar fire safety cigs and 8 percent sales tax, I figured I would fix his a$$ and the next day I went to hang out with him and I told him that I saw on the news that in 2010 a new NY state law was going into effect that all new motorcycles would be equipped with a safety harness and they might end up requiring older motorcycles to have them installed. It was really difficult but I kept a straight face and after about 5 mins of talking about how f'd up NY state laws are, I suggested next time he is at the local Harley shop he ask about the new seat belt laws.. I have yet to hear back from him on that, but I can not help but smile thinking he might actually still believe me..

"He could not understand why I would want to ride a sportbike instead of a Harley."

Why do some people write with their left hand, and why do some write with their right hand? Fix his a$$ :rofl:

Tell him its because you have hair on your nuts and like to ride a man's bike. Not a 70 hp rolling couch.

Tell him the ONLY thing a Harley is good for is....turning gas into NOISE without the side-effect of Horsepower.

that's a great prank, i really hope he goes in there and asks :rofl:

I love the movie Wild Hogs but the part when tearing down the highway and they get on the throttle and they go WTF???? Maybe 30 yards??? I kinda feel bad for them. So little results for all that twist. Maybe we need a RIP thread. For all the depribed riders on the road.
After all the dust has settled it's all about two wheels and the cagers.

My friend sold his R-1 to get on M109 an now getting him to ride isn't easy, he can always find something else he would rather do than go riding with us. He would take the R-1 to go get groceries an after he got off it he was still smirking an smiling 5 hrs later:rofl: Some people just wired different I think..

:laugh:
turning gas into NOISE without the side-effect of Horsepower.
:laugh:

HA! I love that! I have a pumped up CAFE Sportster and its a blast to ride, cause ya cant hardly get into trouble with it...............

My friend sold his R-1 to get on M109 an now getting him to ride isn't easy, he can always find something else he would rather do than go riding with us. He would take the R-1 to go get groceries an after he got off it he was still smirking an smiling 5 hrs later:rofl: Some people just wired different I think..
I'm sorry but it's not about the bike. It's all about the wife / girlfriend and two to twenty F*king kids. When the hormones get to flowing freindship is less than second fiddle. Freindship is not what we would like it to be. Hormones suck!!!!!

I have the best of both worlds I Guess.............and a 09 GIXXER Coming SOON :super:
The Orange One in the Middle LEADING the Pack is Mine :thumbsup:

PA270098.JPG

three%20orange%20bikes%20003.jpg

I'll tell you what, I had a VTX 1300R before I got my busa. I paid about 1/3 of the cost of a new harley, and it was more reliable, shaft driven, bigger, and quite a bit faster than most of the harleys I saw. Plus, the aftermarket is flooded with good quality pieces that dont cost a fortune. AND it was a MUCH better looking bike than most harleys, in my opinion.

100_0238.jpg

100_0238.jpg

I can understand wanting to ride a cruiser (not as my only bike mind you)
but as a 2nd change of pace. But what you should be asking him is
WHY A FRIGGEN' HARLEY?

Harley, beyond a doubt makes the most expensive, worst V-Twin on the
market.

Compaired to a Harley:
Victory - Priced the same and MUCH STRONGER motor.
STAR - Much cheaper, motor spanks harley :moon:
ZUK - The 109 motor is the shtz...oh and cheaper.
Honda - Cheaper...better motor.
Kawi - Cheaper and stronger and they've got the new line comming out.

$12,000 will get you this...103.7 ci (water cooled) of 108ft lbs of torque

2f6df06e-ae74-4d62-a7be-93705b47873.jpg

or $16,799msrp with all the amenities

07bcabfa-16a1-446a-a79b-0e22adf6c7c.jpg

So the question is not only why ride a cruiser that is slower and handles worse
POINT OUT that he's riding the worst, slowest, most expensive, and worst
handling CRUISER. :rofl:

and why are we riding legendary cruise missles ??? :lol:

Back