Zing.... first track day in the books..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Well the butterflies were terrible all morning.. old guy, big bike and a fast track.. The entire circuit can be run in 3rd gear on the busa except for the top of the long straight.. easily wind out 4th but I just stayed in 3rd so the fast guys could get around.. by the end of session 4, only 1 guy and the control riders were in any place to take advantage.. The bike took an easy 3 laps to get up to temp on tires (28 psi) With 10 turns and only 2 lefts, the tires took a bit of abuse on the right side..

no photog at track today and not sure what pictures there are but I did see a long lens out there so hopefully some shots..

Overall I had a great day after getting rid of the butterflys... General comment was I gotta get off the bike further... time to get in better shape I guess.. by the end of session 6 (I quit 2 sessions early, was getting fatigued) I was pretty much off the bike but it really took a lot of effort by the end of the day..

Will run sessions tomorrow and hopefully someone with camera is working.. Hope I can relax a bit more and trust the bike more.. Corner entry is a bit tricky when riding with the smaller bikes.. they can sucker you into an overly fast entry.. ooops :)

more detail in my blog.. but overall was a great day.. now I am going back to sleep :)

The Big Gurl can be a handful @ the track :rofl:

Glad that you had fun :beerchug:

Nice to hear, BUT I needs me pics.
Find that person with the long lens and post em up!
Don't tease me:laugh:

congrats, glad you had a great time and rode away in one piece :beerchug:

Congrats, the main thing is have fun.:thumbsup:

Way to go! Glad you had a great ride? What group did you ride in, and was it the correct group? Did anybody crash?

I remember when I got tired is when I started getting sloppy...

Congrats, the main thing is have fun.:thumbsup:
and that I did... nerves were a bit of an issue at first...

Way to go! Glad you had a great ride? What group did you ride in, and was it the correct group? Did anybody crash?

I remember when I got tired is when I started getting sloppy...
I was in the Beginner group (where I belonged) A triumph triple crashed just behind me in session 2 on the 3rd lap.. he got in a bit hot with a control rider and he used the rear brake (so the CR thought) and highsided the bike.. bruised heel, broken plastics but got off pretty easy for a 100 mph fall..

And tired is why I quit early.. I was falling off the line a bit and figured I was just fatigued out...

congrats, glad you had a great time and rode away in one piece :beerchug:
Yep... main goal was to see what the track was like, try to keep up with the other bikes and not crash.. I need to lose weight, get in shape and then try this again.. :)

Good for you Randy! I find the more I relax while riding, the longer I last. (bird in flight instead of on off throttle jerky moves). What tires are you running?

Good for you Randy! I find the more I relax while riding, the longer I last. (bird in flight instead of on off throttle jerky moves). What tires are you running?
Yea was nice finding myself trying to adjust and relax in between turns.. I have a set of BT002RS mounted right now.. really nothing to compare them with on the track but on the street they are pretty darn nice..

Randy I found out something at my last trackday and this is not a freaking joke eaither intake mass amounts of water and if you have time a 10 or 20 minute power nap around lunch time is amazing when you get back out on the track you feel great or at least I did :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Randy I found out something at my last trackday and this is not a freaking joke eaither intake mass amounts of water and if you have time a 10 or 20 minute power nap around lunch time is amazing when you get back out on the track you feel great or at least I did :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You need to up your water intake about two days BEFORE your track day...and the nap helps too :thumbsup:

I knew you were going to have fun! Congrats on your first track day!

I'm not surprised you tuckered out early, most folks do on their first day. Hit the cardio hard and you'll shape right up!

Have fun on sunday dude! I'm envious!

Enjoyed your writeup.

I've always considered myself a pretty cautious street rider. I will get my Miata with all four tires sliding in a turn. I used to be crazy in the dirt. But I'm content to ride my Busa at 7/10ths on the street. Some track time where I can just practice in safety would probably help my confidence a lot.
Good on you for doing it! Looking forward to some pics. :beerchug:

That is awesome Randy, glad you had fun. Would love to see some pics if you find any. Be careful today.:beerchug:

Just remember when getting off, not only get the butt off, but make sure your torso is over as well, you see a lot of butts off but the upper body is not nearly over... I'm guilty of it myself... remember to kiss the mirror (well pretend you still had mirrors mounted)...

Back