Quick connects for helmet straps

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure a lot of you use them. But I got these from the Zuke dealer, and they are about 100 times easier to use than the set I had before.

The female well is flared, like the magazine well on good pistols, so that you can push the male end in really easily.

Also, the red snap that you can use to keep the loose end from flapping and beating your throat to death, still works.

Really like this one. About $8.95, I think.

helmet0002.jpg

quickconnect0001.jpg

Man, I wouldn't do that. The reason that helmets don't have those in the first place, is because those aren't safe. Strap it on brother.

Man, I wouldn't do that. The reason that helmets don't have those in the first place, is because those aren't safe. Strap it on brother.

I agree.
When you need to use it, that thing will have all sorts of forces pulling on it and IMO that set up will not hold.

Helmets don't come with those for a reason, Just take the extra time and strap it the right way.

I agree.
When you need to use it, that thing will have all sorts of forces pulling on it and IMO that set up will not hold.

i like it but that doesn't look like it will hold...

Helmets don't come with those for a reason, Just take the extra time and strap it the right way.
take it off, if you go down the clip wil lbrake and off with the helmet you go...my 35#s dog brakes these on his choler(sp) all the time
:banghead:

All these guys above right. On the night I had my first Busa. (06' Blue/Silver R.I.P) a 70 year old guy pulled across 4 lanes of road heading the opposite direction cutting me off. I laid the bike down to prevent from going cartwheeling forward. Head hit the concrete and off came the helmet. Buckle snapped as mentioned. I actually took to a seamstress and head her sew the remaining material down in a pattern to re-inforce it. The plasic actually snapped. The only thing kept my head from scrapin again was that I reached up and grabbed the back of my head and pulled it towards my chest and rolled with it. Had stitches on my chin and sore hands but that is all. I would not use these again. IMO.. Be Safe if you prefer to.

Anything that makes it easier for my helmet to come flying off my head in a crash is out for me. Metal and straps take a second more to get off, but in a wreck my head will have to come off first before it does.

i used those one time and threw them out. i went down on bike and the platic clip broke off and never again everyone beware they don't hold like the helmet is to be advertising isn't even close to dot specs.:moon:

I cut my straps off cause they get in the way of my pierced neck.

I read the label that stated they had been tested to meet DOT and SNELL standards; not sure who did this testing or if it's true. You could research that. I'll keep using the strap.

I use them too and also saw that they are DOT/Snell approved. Maybe different manufacturers make them to different standards?

I use them too and also saw that they are DOT/Snell approved. Maybe different manufacturers make them to different standards?

I think so. The old ones I had weren't rated, and I think they were metal to plastic connections.

quickconnect0001.jpg

Back