tulsa and surrounding....pulled the trigger now I need help!!

igorsgonemadd

Registered
Ok my baby is getting stretched and lowered !!! I have my roaring toys kit on the way and some soupys lowering links. How many volunteers do I have to help:please::please::please: Oh and I need the chain tool and did I mention I dont have a clue what I am doing:whistle: The help would be greatly appreciated. I should have them by thursday of next week.

Let me see what my schedule is like, lowering is a 20 minute job. Never have done an exhaust though. If I can get a free day, it will have to be Sunday, yes, I know, Mothers Day.

Let me see what my schedule is like, lowering is a 20 minute job. Never have done an exhaust though. If I can get a free day, it will have to be Sunday, yes, I know, Mothers Day.

Just sold the house, Trying to get everything done for the move, If I can I will take time to help, James let me know if and when you can and I will see if I can get away.

However someone better have a spare room because if I take time away from moving to work on a bike my wife is liable to send me to the dog house and its already packed away.

Just sold the house, Trying to get everything done for the move, If I can I will take time to help, James let me know if and when you can and I will see if I can get away.

However someone better have a spare room because if I take time away from moving to work on a bike my wife is liable to send me to the dog house and its already packed away.

Congratulations on the sale !!

Sorry John, I thought you had it stretched and needed help lowering it. You need help with all of it. I am with you. I dont know for sure how to do the stretch, but I did help Michael, the chain is easy, but you will need to buy or borrow a chain tool. The links are easy too. One thing to keep in mind, if you stretch it, you may want to raise it, not lower it. We need others to chime in and advise.

I may be able to help you out. I am working weekends now so I am off monday through wednesdays. Let me know when you get all of it in. I was thinking about stretching mine so this will b e a good learning experience for me anyways. The lowering part should be simple enough.

well I guess I'll stretch mine out too, Naaah I like the stock wheel base....but if I'm free I'll help you John.
Posted via Mobile Device

hey, John! :welcome: (This will be a lengthy posts, so please bear with!) Congrats on the extension purchase!! :thumbsup: Roaring Toys usually has good, quality products and you will enjoy the stability gained from not working so hard to keep the front end down. Depending on your carving routines, you will also get an opportunity to learn new riding characteristics for tearing up the twisties!:laugh:

What length of extension did you end up with? And I think from one of your posts you were trying to come up with an idea for type of chain. I posted up about the chain I use but I didn't get to ask you about mileage or sproket condition. Sprokets are one thing you want to look pretty closely especially with the new chain, but also as a consideration for taking advantage of the 'busa's big block torque. Lowering the gear ratio by increasing rear sproket size is one good way to put a little more spunky in yer monkey, uh, no pun intended. I think Street Imports is still a site sponor and I've worked with them on both chains and sprokets. Good people to work with, you'll just need a little patience with communication.

While extending the wheelbase in the rear does raise the back of the bike some, you will need to consider leverage increase against the stock spring. The further you move the rear axle away from the swing arm pivot point, the easier it becomes to compress the shock spring. So, depending how much weight is present on the back of the bike, the rate of rear suspension compression will increase depending on the length of extensions, etc. There is a lot of science involved in all of this and I am by no means a professor but, with the experience I've gained on my own bike, reading tech articles and such, I will at least share some of what I've come up against.

Having said that, if you lower the rear after installing the extensions, you will need to calculate swing arm travel based on stock spring compression rates, estimated riding weights (incuding passenger, if any), etc. Most people who lower their rides after extensions usually discover all this by attempting to shove the rear wheel assembly through the battery tray when they bottom out while riding. Don't ask me how I know this but I do have a new battery tray install lined up for my bike this year. :whistle: Most people will also lower the bike through after market 'dog bones', lowering links, or what ever you want to call them. The guys at RaceTech say this messes with suspension geometry and that shock lowering blocks combined with a much higher spring weight rating are the way to go when it comes to the proper way to lower your bike. eh-hemm....my rear suspension assembly should be here sometime in the next two weeks.

There's plenty more here to discuss but let me know when you are planning on doing your conversion. Please don't say 'Mother's Day'. Mom's, Wives as mother's, or any Mother deserve to be celebrated on their day. :beerchug:

I've got a chain tool and if your doing this any other day but Mother's Day, I'll move the schedule around a bit and make myself available.

if i can help i will but it will be difficult to get up to tulsa. i live in okc and i dont think i can get up there soon

Well, baby doll said no way Jose' on the Mothers Day. I will have to see what other day I may have free, sorry John.

i cant do mothers day either but any other day is fine and you are more than welcome to bring your bike to my shop and use the lift

+1 on the extended brake line over six inches. Also forgot to mention, depending on the miles and the way the bike has been operated, you might prepare for cush drive replacement along with all the other up dated lube places maintenanced during process.

Back