Wanting to switch to a busa from kat1100

:welcome: to the org. go for it you will love it.

:welcome: to the oRg.

I've never ridden a Katana, but my Busa is very comfortable. I did 300 miles on it yesterday with no problems. I only stopped for gas and some lunch at the CROT. :laugh:

Some others have done much longer rides.

:welcome: to the oRg. You'll never own a more comfy sportbike. A lot of people refer to the King as a Sport-Cruiser. I do lots of long hauls on mine.

:welcome: to the org! Never rode a Katana, but compared to some other sport bikes the busa is definitely more forgiving on the long hauls. :thumbsup:

D

:welcome: to that Org. Never rode a Katana 11 but I do know the Hayabusa is the most comfortable bike I've been on so far. Rode it from here on the western side of Missouri to Indianappolis and back last fall. Little over 1100 miles in 4 days on the slab, no problems.:thumbsup:

I came to a Busa from a Kat 600. Very similar feel to the bikes. Busa is more comfortable and handles better at speed.

Oh, and it has a lot more power. :rofl:

I switched from a 2006 Katana 600 to an 08 busa.
The Katana is definitely more comfortable.
Its tire sidewalls are thicker, front shocks are turned the other way (I'm told it makes them left stiff if the cartridge is at the bottom *shrugs*)
My Kat's saddle was curved, the busa seat isn't very curved.
suspension is far stiffer all around too.
My wife says riding the back of the katana was definitely more comfortable too.
I loved my Katana, and so far I love the Busa.
I am glad I went with it instead of the GSXR750 I was going to get.

I don't know about the older kats, but that's how mine was.
Very good bike.

Welcome!

:welcome:

The busa is as good or better.
This was my previous 1100:

Picture1.jpg

Its tire sidewalls are thicker, front shocks are turned the other way (I'm told it makes them left stiff if the cartridge is at the bottom *shrugs*)
Upsidedown forks (like the busa n just about every modern sportbike have) enable you to apply the brakes in mid-turn without the bike trying to stand up, and thus not turn anymore.

Talk to Josh or Toni at Hills Specialties AKA BallZ Motorsports...
Ball Z Motorsports when you get your busa . they have seats that you can ride 1000 miles and not put your legs to sleep.

I switched from a 2006 Katana 600 to an 08 busa.
The Katana is definitely more comfortable.
My Kat's saddle was curved, the busa seat isn't very curved.
suspension is far stiffer all around too.
My wife says riding the back of the katana was definitely more comfortable too.
I loved my Katana, and so far I love the Busa.
I am glad I went with it instead of the GSXR750 I was going to get.

I don't know about the older kats, but that's how mine was.
Very good bike.
The third gen Kat is not that different than the 2nd gen Kat I had and this is very contrary to my experience. My wife and daughter both hated riding on the Kat, and, to be honest, with so little power, it wasn't much fun with a passenger.

The stock Busa saddle is broader and flatter which I like better than the Kat saddle, although that may be a matter of taste.

The weight, rake, trail, and wheelbase figures are very close between the Kat and the Busa and they handle very similarly. The suspension components on the Busa are much better quality and it shows, especially at speed.

The third gen Kat is not that different than the 2nd gen Kat I had and this is very contrary to my experience. My wife and daughter both hated riding on the Kat, and, to be honest, with so little power, it wasn't much fun with a passenger.

The stock Busa saddle is broader and flatter which I like better than the Kat saddle, although that may be a matter of taste.

The weight, rake, trail, and wheelbase figures are very close between the Kat and the Busa and they handle very similarly. The suspension components on the Busa are much better quality and it shows, especially at speed.

I agree the Katana doesn't have the power the Busa does. The engine is less than half the size (for the 600cc). And it did kinda suck with a passenger, but I didn't bring up its power since the comparision would have been irrelevant, the OP was about a 1100 Kat, not 600 or 750.

The driver saddle on mine was curved like a horse saddle is. curved up in front and back, down on the sides. was very comfortable design for me, I'm 6'4" ~190lbs. The passenger seat was just as flat as the busa's, but my wife has bad knees, and riding on the back of the busa hurts her more, sooner, than the katana did.

I have noticed they do handle similar. I hadn't compared their geometry, that's pretty interesting, and cool! OH YEA the components are much higher quality. Definitely! There's no way you could set up the Busa just like a 98+ Katana and expect to enjoy it on the road. No way.
It's be way to soft and squishy and not fun..
I wish I would have been able to keep my Katana, AND get the Busa.

You really can't compare the ultimate of sportbikes, to a super friendly all arounder like the Katana. Hell just look at them, the Busa looks like it could eat the katana!

medium.jpg

Upsidedown forks (like the busa n just about every modern sportbike have) enable you to apply the brakes in mid-turn without the bike trying to stand up, and thus not turn anymore.

oh ok makes sense. Rode the busa to work today, and I was looking at the front suspension while sitting at a light.
On the Katana, the shiny part of the forks were clamped up top, but on the busa the cartridge part is up top. That end would be able to flex less, and since its gripped so tightly in 2 places, instead of just 1 (if the cartridge was at the bottom).
Always wondered why they did that sometimes. Very cool.

The seating is a bit more aggressive than a Katana...I rode over 600 miles last weekend and I was hurtin' bad at the very end. I don't care what anybody say's...the busa ain't no Goldwing when it comes to comfort.

Back