kickstand issue

ruck

Registered
I just installed the two brothers shortys and my kickstand is touching the mid pipe when it is up. how do I get the kickstand off to grind a little off. Should I leave it on and try to file some off of it. Any suggestions? has anyone had this problem?

Do what Eric said. Mark where it hits on the pipe. Just be careful how much you take off.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just installed the two brothers shortys and my kickstand is touching the mid pipe when it is up. how do I get the kickstand off to grind a little off. Should I leave it on and try to file some off of it. Any suggestions? has anyone had this problem?

Picture of what you talking about would yield some good advice.

take the kickstand main bracket off and put spacers in behind it the rear bolt hole will have a thick spacer to off set the kickstand i did it to mine and works great and clean LQQKING:thumbsup:

I had a problem with my kickstand hitting my exhaust, First tried to grind a little off the kickstand to no avail, Ended up drilling and tapping a hole in the kickstand inserting a small bolt that stopped the kickstand from coming up all the way but not enough that the kickstand sensor wouldnt work.

Later I bought an aftermarket kickstand and it already had the hole drilled and tapped in it.

how do i get the spring off - its not as easy as taking out the bolt

Actually it is if you take the whole thing off. It's not neccessary to take just the leg off. You can take out the 2 17mm bolts and pull it off. Give me a sec and I'll post a pic.

Here ya go

IMG00068.jpg

how do i get the spring off - its not as easy as taking out the bolt
Tip for taking off springs: Find the point where the springs are under greatest tension (somewhere between up and down positions). Then slip some coins or washers between the coils of the spring. Then move the stand up and the spring will be loose. Makes getting is all back together way easier too.

Tip for taking off springs: Find the point where the springs are under greatest tension (somewhere between up and down positions). Then slip some coins or washers between the coils of the spring. Then move the stand up and the spring will be loose. Makes getting is all back together way easier too.
now that is a good one :)

Great trick! Thanks for sharing it.

I would try adjusting the mid pipe first. Did you tighten the pipes starting at the can and working forward or did you start at the header and work back? You should start with the can and go forward it makes a world of difference. good luck :beerchug:

This is bull(coins between the springs). It did not work and believe me when I tell you I tried more than a few times. Finally, I just closed the kickstand and used vice grip pliers to pull and remove the springs.

Last edited:
This is bull(coins between the springs). It did not work and believe me when I tell you I tried more than a few times. Finally, I just closed the kickstand and used vice grip pliers to pull and remove the springs.
Doesn't work for all of them. Suzuki seems to be using a lot of double springs (small spring inside a big spring) which are a pain in the butt. But the coins trick does work great for single springs, sometimes for doubles.

Back