Overfilled my tank

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
:banghead: So I get back in town from riding and as always stop to top my tank off before I get home so I always start off with a full tank. I'm not sure how it happened as the gas level was well below the top and all of a sudden the level rose causing the tank to overflow. Nozzle was off, best I can figure out is an air pocket got trapped and as I moved the bike it rose pushing gas out. Of course I wasn't happy as I'm particular about how clean I keep my bike.

Question?? I've read about tanks rusting etc, I'm not familiar with where the overflow goes, just know it ended up on the ground, is there anything I need to be concerned about or need to clean other than the obvious from the overfill?

I would like to know this too. Stupid gas pump messed up on me too and I had gas everywhere. :(

Out this hole It goes, then evaporation takes effect. No worries about the over fill. It happens. Just don't keep doing it:poke:

IMG_1274.jpg

You can see the little hose coming out the bottom. Its a good place for some bugs to nest in.
DSCN0131.jpg

Last edited:
Question?? I've read about tanks rusting etc, I'm not familiar with where the overflow goes, just know it ended up on the ground, is there anything I need to be concerned about or need to clean other than the obvious from the overfill?

Since Gasoline is produced from petroleum or oil, you don't have to worry about rust.

Gas is actually a rust inhibitor.

That's why you're supposed to fill your tank when storing it.

I soap off the painted surfaces and forget about it.

thanks guys, I assumed that's what the drain lines were for, but you know what happens some times when you assume.

Back