Chains ek vs rk

igorsgonemadd

Registered
Ok so I am extending the busa and I am looking at the chain. The kit that roaring toys sells comes with an rk xso chain, which I dont beleive is the top of the line rk. Or if I can get a ek zvx, which is just one step under the zzz. Then I could also get the zzz if I could get a decent price on it. If the rk xso is a good chain the that would be great I could get the extensions that I really like the brake line and the chain in one swoop. But I want A good quality chain, I would rather have overkill than Something that will barely do the job. Give me your suggestions please!!

Last edited:
Sounds like you already have a pretty good clue as to which one is for you. I run a 6 over swing arm and the ek zvx. Stock motor, a few semi-hard launches at times and chain has done great! Will seem to 'stretch' quite a bit for break in, but will stabilize after a couple hundred miles...just be sure to use a good quality chain lube and at recommended intervals. Bel-ray seems to be the best chain lube around these parts. Good luck and happy ridin'!:beerchug:

Back