Help me please!!!

Nicky Fre$H

Registered
Aight...got an 06 busa...dude dumped it. no guage cluster on it, which is what i was told that would make the bike not fire, and an alarm system (west coast cycles lm 508) that isnt functioning. why wont my bike fire and stay running. I know its got spark from the ether that made it fire, but it wont stay lit. if you need anymore info lemme know and ill tell you whats up. Thanks in advance to anyone helping...poor college grad tryin to fix a busa in a wreck on my own budget is hard to do...plus id rather do it myself ne ways. Holla fo a Dolla!!

:poke:

so gauge cluster or no gauge cluster? battery good? does it crank? pics? Tip Over sensor okay? How bad was it laid out?

:welcome:

:poke:

so gauge cluster or no gauge cluster? battery good? does it crank? pics? Tip Over sensor okay? How bad was it laid out?

:welcome:

okay...what is a tip over sensor? its got spark...it cranks...the bull crashed the front and then came over and down on the right side...i got pics on my iphone...too lazy to load em on here now...give me an e mail and ill do it straight from the phone..

as soon as this things runnin im comin to SC to thank u personally...i tried to get a shop manual and dude wanted like 60 bills...i laughed...and walked out with my head low...haha

no...but the dude got me a free manual...so he solved a different problem for me...im still tryin to figure this out...as soon as i know...ill be on here cursing myself cuz i didnt hold in the clutch....hahaha...psych nah

I don't think the pump winds up with the kill switch operated, but have you checked that ?

no...but the dude got me a free manual...so he solved a different problem for me...im still tryin to figure this out...as soon as i know...ill be on here cursing myself cuz i didnt hold in the clutch....hahaha...psych nah

Oh, ok. Gotcha. Does the fuel pump run? (this may be the same question Do3 asked, but I wasn't sure if he was asking about the pump or the kill switch) If it's running you'll be able to hear it whine as soon as you turn the key on and the kill switch to run. The pump will stay on for about 2 seconds and then shut back off till the bike is started.

Do 08 busa's hav a tip over sensor i have never heard this before thank you for anyone that can tell we where it is located and what it lqqks like thank you all for so much go info i would buy you a beer if you where in so calif area:beerchug:

Is there a fuel switch on the busa? Sorry, Luci isn't here for me to go and look. Sometimes it could be something simple. I hope this is the case.

Oh, ok. Gotcha. Does the fuel pump run? (this may be the same question Do3 asked, but I wasn't sure if he was asking about the pump or the kill switch) If it's running you'll be able to hear it whine as soon as you turn the key on and the kill switch to run. The pump will stay on for about 2 seconds and then shut back off till the bike is started.

the pump runs...yes, i hear it...and this is an 06 busa...not an 08...so i dont even know if there is a TP sensor on this model....anybody?

There is a Throttle position sensor (TPS) and a tip over switch on your bike. Has the bike been started since it was wadded?

Do 08 busa's hav a tip over sensor i have never heard this before thank you for anyone that can tell we where it is located and what it lqqks like thank you all for so much go info i would buy you a beer if you where in so calif area:beerchug:

I'm 99% sure it's got one. I don't know of any reason that it wouldn't. Although I don't have an 08 or a service manual for one so I can't really say for 100%.

Is there a fuel switch on the busa? Sorry, Luci isn't here for me to go and look. Sometimes it could be something simple. I hope this is the case.

As far as I know the only "fuel switch" is the kill switch. It doesn't directly stop fuel flow like a valve, but the fuel pump won't run if the switch is off. Other than that the only bikes I know of that have an actual valve-type fuel switch are carburated bikes.

I'm 99% sure it's got one. I don't know of any reason that it wouldn't. Although I don't have an 08 or a service manual for one so I can't really say for 100%.

As far as I know the only "fuel switch" is the kill switch. It doesn't directly stop fuel flow like a valve, but the fuel pump won't run if the switch is off. Other than that the only bikes I know of that have an actual valve-type fuel switch are carburated bikes.

i ahve an 06 busa tho...the 08s do have a TO switch...just checked the 08 service manual...its right by the frame next to the seat and gas tank

i actually have the same exact bike u do GM...same colors nd all...limited...mine is just in 876872346287346298347 pieces

Back