Which is more fun to you?

Would you rather go all out having fun on the dirt all day, or the race track?

• I would prefer flying through the air and tearing up the dirt!

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • I would prefer hitting the apex of each turn and flying down the straights!

Votes: 77 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WHITEtt

Registered
Hi,

Unlike most riders (or so it seems), most of my riding experience is on the road, not on the dirt. Actually I've only ridden a dirt bike once, and even then I was quite young.

So here is the question:
Would you rather go all out having fun on the dirt all day, or the race track?

I guess I'm wondering if the feeling of flying through the air on a dirt bike is more fun than the turning and acceleration of a street bike.

Thanks in advance for your input:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, I've never ridden dirt to that extreme, but I can only imagine that they're both about the same in their own respects. I mean, I love my busa just as much as anyone else on this board, twisties and straights alike. I think it would be hard to compare the two. I think flyin through the air on a dirt bike would be a different (but probably about equal) addrenaline rush as powering through corners and gettin the needle in the last quarter of the speedo on the straights on the busa. But as I said, I've never ridden dirt to that extreme, so what I've said about dirt is purely speculation.

Oh, and if you can edit polls, I'd add one in there for "both about equal." If my thoughts are the same as anyone that's actually done both, they'll want that option.

I once had the opportunity to borrow a bro-in-law's Yam 250 and chase jack rabbits in the Phoenix desert. The carefree nature of rippin' across the desert with no real worry of cars or stop signs/ traffic signals or road rash was extremely rewarding. Where I live, you really have no place to tear out across the land 'cause of property boundaries and controls, etc. That day was something that I'll never forget. I really like my busa on the asphalt, I just wish it wasn't so dangerous because of too many people, cars, traffic controls.

I like riding dirt bikes better. I don't worry about cars or anything like that. It's just you ripping as fast as you want with no trouble. As for the jumping thing, I think hitting big ass doubles and triples scares me more.

I'll take the 2.54 Miles of heavens asphalt at Road Atlanta any day over a day of jumping and throwing up dirt at the best track.

But for an average day scenario...Hmmm Still tough to decide. No one likes rowing thru traffic. But if I'm up at The Dragon....I'll take that over dirt riding.

Last edited:
I grew up in the Arizona desert (east Mesa and Apache Junction) I have always preferred the dirt myself... do not get me wrong, I love riding the streets but unless you are at the Dragon or some other unusually good venue, the street is a lot of boredom at times.. The dirt? heck fall off a couple times a day, scare yourself silly and then just flat full lock flat tracking is a ball! A light dirtbike is just hard to beat when it can flat get up a fly..

I like riding both; I learned to ride on a dirt bike back when I wasn't old enough for a license and it was a blast. Street riding around here sux unless you get about 30-40 miles out of town but there are some decent places once you're there...

I like both, there is nothing like hitting a nice set of twisties and riding the "Pace", but then again there is nothing like some full power slides on a nice fire road. I am pushing 60 yo and can still enjoy pushing the edge and making my sons work to keep up with the old man.

Never rode a dirt bike, so my opinion is somewhat limited I guess. I need to try that this summer fosho... :laugh:

D

As you can see in my Sig, i do both. I would prefer going to the race track as I have never been able to and would love to. Love the twisties and love the street bike but it's still fun to go play in the woods every now and then. Wheelie, slide, spin the tire, nobody cares, actually that's what's expected of you. Great fun in the dirt, but the street is where I'm most comfortable and happy at.

Back