Vortex Stands

Sannosuke

Registered
Hey guys,

I was about to make a purchase from Ian at Redline Stands but a buddy of mine can hook me up with a Vortex for about $150 cad. I'd love to support the Org. and Ian but this seems like a pretty good deal...

Anyone have any thoughts on this and how the two (Vortex Vs Redline) compare?

Thanks in advance!

never owned vortex but I can vouch for the redline stands (industrial duty stand and will last forever)... Ian is a stand up guy for sure.. I have never heard any complaints either..

I don't have the redlines, but I've got vortex front and rear. They're really great stands. Extremely sturdy construction with thick tubing, 4 wheels for added stability, removable handles so you never kick them while the bike is up. I understand wanting to support the org sponsors too, though. I really can't say anything about the redlines cause I've never used them, but I know the members here that have them seem to like them.

If you're only talking about one stand, I wouldn't buy the vortex from your friend. If it's the rear, kneedraggers has the vortex for $107. If it's the front, then $150's not bad, but kneedraggers still has the front for $144. Both of those have free shipping. So if you're talking about getting only the front or rear, that price on the vortex isn't that great. If you're talking about both, then it's an awesome price.

Oh, I just realized you're in Alberta, so the price thing may not apply. . . I don't know what the conversion rate is. Sorry about that.

Fair enough guys & thanks.

What I'm going to do is do some conversion rates etc. and I'll make my choice by tonight...

just put my bike up on the Vortex stands...very easy for rear, but since my front is lowered its a PITA to get the pin in it. When bike is at OEM height it slides right in:thumbsup:
Very sturdy, but I seen Redlines too n they aint no joke either:beerchug:

Back