SBK - Spies Aspen - Don't click if watching later

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
The talent is there, won first and crashes again 2nd. Hope he gets through the rest of the races in one piece. Glad he is OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it Sunday at (Assen) Netherlands. Aspen is in Colorado.:laugh: That was a helluva get off in the 2nd race, what with his bike cartwheeling off the track like that! The 1st race was great but the last few laps were spectacular. He made passes that were like when he and Mat Mladin traded places at the front in AMA year after year.:bowdown: The last corner pass in race one was incredible!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Watched it last night on speed. That was a better angle. Couldn't really see what happened last night, just the crash.

The first race is one of the best races I have seen in a while. He is winning on theses tracks that he has never raced at before. Just amazing!

Yup, I love watching SBK racing. I also enjoyed watching Spies and Mladin go at it in AMA Superbike as well. Spies is damn good, but I think the SBK competition is making him push harder than he was in AMA. Once he gets some of these new tracks down look out....

D

i AGREE,best race I can remember in about 2.5-3 years,great composure rubbing elbows through 3 corners!:bowdown: Spies needs to settle down mentally.It looks/feels like when he first started challenging maladin for the ama series. Some minor mental errors,we know he has the talent.I think he was pushing to hard to early in the 2nd race.He should have let them come to him like the first race.:beerchug:

Watched it Sunday at (Assen) Netherlands. Aspen is in Colorado.:laugh: That was a helluva get off in the 2nd race, what with his bike cartwheeling off the track like that! The 1st race was great but the last few laps were spectacular. He made passes that were like when he and Mat Mladin traded places at the front in AMA year after year.:bowdown: The last corner pass in race one was incredible!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I couldn't agree with you more....it was historical!

Yeah, Spies has got to be careful he doesn't turn into Bubba Stewart (not that it would be so bad) where he either wins or crashes. It is a bit of a farce when you see a rider dominate the win column but then lag behind in the overall champ points due to a lack of consistent finishes. Haga hits the podium much more often even if it isn't the top step....Ben has to learn to do the same. Bubba too. Speaking of which I think the whole blocking incident at the last supercross was a bit overblown as there is no way Chad was going to catch Bubba with or without a block thrown by Bubba's teammate.

Back