Pandora + Blackberry = Awesome

Greenbean

Registered
So now I am saving for a Zumo550, because I want the XM,

I work for a cell provider and we have been introduced to Pandora Radio for our blackberries, well...

This is awesome, the only negative thing is I listened so much today while riding the scooter I killed my battery in my Pearl,

Just take your bb and web-browser to google, searhc for Pandora Music, then download the app to your device, they also have downloads that are supported by WM as well,

Load it, and then search for your favorite type of station, It rocks, best of all I can plug my Big Ears into my BB and then press the hold/mute button on the top of my phone and stick it in my pocket. The Pandora still plays non-stop and I can't pocket dial anyone.

And did I mention it's free!!!

I just logged in at home and when I logged into the site there were my favorite channels I had saved. Ready and waiting for me.

Sure beats the MP3 player, and getting tired of not having current and up to date music in it,

The guy at verizon told me that it was possible to go over on my Kb usage by streaming music, but with the blackberry I have unlimited Kb. . . You have any idea what he was talking about? I mean, I know what the Kb usage is, but if I have unlimited how would it be possible to go over? Any idea?

Lol...

Every provider has an "unlimited" plan when in fact it does have a limit.

Usually they tell you more about that if you are using your BB as a tethered modem.

Usually the limit is 5megs for us.

Ask him when the Unlimited Text package actually cuts off,

I think it stops at 10k, lol...

Once you go berry it's hard to go back,

They don't call them Crackberries for nothing,

Pandora rocks, they have a channel dedicated to Paul Oakenfold...

Lol...

Every provider has an "unlimited" plan when in fact it does have a limit.

Usually they tell you more about that if you are using your BB as a tethered modem.

Usually the limit is 5megs for us.

Ask him when the Unlimited Text package actually cuts off,

I think it stops at 10k, lol...

Well that's a bunch of bullcrap! They say it's unlimited, but it actually has a limit. . . That's kind of an oxymoron. Especially since when I go to MyVerizon and check my data usage it says "unlimited data allowance." I've used 7248.07KB in the past 10 days. If they decide to slap me with a random data bill at the end of the billing period I'm not gonna be happy. I guess I need to go up there or call em and find out what it actually is.

I work for US Cellular, any provider will do you right,

However there are going to be minor changes in the operationg system between carriers,

I know for a fact US Cellular leaves it the closest to the way RIM designs it, I can't navigate a Verizon BB, it's a lot different.

Well that's a bunch of bullcrap! They say it's unlimited, but it actually has a limit. . . That's kind of an oxymoron. Especially since when I go to MyVerizon and check my data usage it says "unlimited data allowance." I've used 7248.07KB in the past 10 days. If they decide to slap me with a random data bill at the end of the billing period I'm not gonna be happy. I guess I need to go up there or call em and find out what it actually is.

It wouldn't suprise me if anybody you talked with would tell you what the ACTUAL limit would be,

We are going to market with our wireless air cards soon, and they told us yes, unlimited but it stops at 5megs, and basically if a person was an online gamer, we shouldn't sell him a card... lol...

I have a Nextel and was thinking about the Blackberry. What do you think about the bb and nextel?

which cell provider?

"pandora is available for the following BlackBerry models on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon:

Bold9000
Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8900
Pearl 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8220 (flip)
Storm 9530
8800, 8820, 8830"

It wouldn't suprise me if anybody you talked with would tell you what the ACTUAL limit would be,

We are going to market with our wireless air cards soon, and they told us yes, unlimited but it stops at 5megs, and basically if a person was an online gamer, we shouldn't sell him a card... lol...

Well, apparently my usage limit is over 5MB cause right now I'm at ALMOST 8MB and the little bar that shows how far I have to go till I run out isn't even showing up yet. I should probably still find out if there really is a limit anyway, though. Especially if I'm going to be streaming music while on the busa.

Im in sales for a verizon retailer. The cut off is 5 GIGS... but I have never gone over and I use Pandora, and the web and email EVERY DAY. LOVE MY STORM!!!!:bowdown:

Well, apparently my usage limit is over 5MB cause right now I'm at ALMOST 8MB and the little bar that shows how far I have to go till I run out isn't even showing up yet. I should probably still find out if there really is a limit anyway, though. Especially if I'm going to be streaming music while on the busa.

Maybe it's 5 gigs... lol

I sell all the major carriers as well and 5gb is the cap, don't go over with the internet card or you better be prepared to pucker up!:moon:

I sell all the major carriers as well and 5gb is the cap, don't go over with the internet card or you better be prepared to pucker up!:moon:

Thanks for the info guys. I have a friend who just got one of the USB modems for their computer, so I should probably let them know about that. . . If it applies to those too?

Back