Rattling?

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
What does this rattle sound like to you.....listen

Last edited by a moderator:
does not sound like the exhaust. Check the plugs, make sure you did the marble mod, check map for power commander.

does not sound like the exhaust. Check the plugs, make sure you did the marble mod, check map for power commander.

I just noticed it after exhaust install...not sayin it wasnt there before, but I think I would have noticed it.

Why plugs?

I removed my PAIR and blocked off the lines......Map was tuned after PC install.

It sounds like a loose screw or a rivet bouncing around to me? I am on the verge of sending the can off to Yosh, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this sound from their exhaust.

does it still rattle if you hold the wheel still while revving?

two things; pull the mufflers start the bike and see if the sound is still there. If it isn't then I would think it's the steel can expanding maybe when it starts to get hot? Wardie

two things; pull the mufflers start the bike and see if the sound is still there. If it isn't then I would think it's the steel can expanding maybe when it starts to get hot? Wardie

I took the can and mid-pipe off...but it was so loud I was not sure if it rattled or not....I did not hear a rattle. The can to mid-pipe connection is pretty tight...so I just pulled it from the mid-pipe to header.

Maybe I should pull it from the can to mid-pipe connection and listen again.

I just hate to send off a brand new can for service work, but I think that is what I need to do.

Sounds more like baffle packing flapping or something inside the pipe......

Back