Going back to stock!!!!!!!

Leeiswho2b

Registered
I had extended my busa 10" over. Am tired of the headaches of trying to get the suspension setup right. I am going back to stock swingarm. I broke my undertail in the process. I am going to go with a smoked stock with integrated signals and was wanting to know what undertail I could use to go that route. Suggestions/info where to get?

Also won an auction for a set of rims to go on her. What do you think? Just hope they will fit!!!! Emailed the guy and he said they will fit stock. Only thing is stock rim width is 6" and these are 6.25". Will that make a difference in fitment isuues. I know I don't wanna get back into that again!!!! Some pics of the rims:

rim1.jpg

rim2.jpg

rim3.jpg

rim4.jpg

rim5.jpg

rim6.jpg

Nice what does the Kanji stand for? Not sure about the fit... someone will help in a bit!!!

I 'm gonna have to research that... Just talked to the local dealer and they said that 1/8 of an inch won't make a difference when mounting them up on the bike.

Only issue now is what undertail/light combo to go with. Suggestions would be great at this point. Going to try to black everything out on the bike besides the rims now. Guess it's time to start stripping her apart this evening to get prepped for paint. Will try to get some update pics up as progress starts. Some pics of how she looks now.

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

What was the problem suspensionwise with being extended? The way I see it is you get the right spring and have the shock revalved and your done. Only minor tuning needed when riding 2up.

just order a new rear spring for it and you should be fine get with daniel from cloudnine on the board and he will hook you up on the spring you really dont need to revalve it

What color rear sprocket would everyone go with on these rims? Black, polished, chrome, or stock. Just worried chrome would chip and look horrible.

Seen where you are running the C.A. Smoked Tailights. What undertail are you using....stock? Was thinking of going with those....

It's the stock undertail/mudflap. I just cut it up to clean up the tail. Went with the C.A. Intergrated LED cause of the high mount cans. Orginal blinkers wouldn't have worked. So far I have been very pleased with the C.A. taillight.

man-Im really sorry you ran into so many problems Lee;
I hoped the pms would help ya get thru everything but looks like just too many issues-dont blame ya for goin a diff. route, sometimes its hard to get that Stretch recipe 'just right'; and if you dont-well, you know very well what happens when it doesnt go 'right':banghead:

good luck gettin your ride back to basics, hope the road home has less bumps on it:beerchug:

Stay away from smoked lenses, someone may pile drive you.... you need more light not less.

They are for show and are dangerous in the real world. RacerV has them and at one time at the Bash was close to getting run over. Cannot see them on sunny days.

:whistle:

Last edited:
Back