NO 10w-40!!!

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
it seems that getting my hands on 10w-40 oil non-synth is almost impossible....what should i use instead?

i'm from trinidad...no dealer here....only bike shops & they only have synth oil....i'm down until i do my first oil change...& i've been looking all over....i could get 20w-50 car oil....until i do my second change to bike synth

It's a debatable subject, and I know someone will chime in and tell me how dumb I am and that it's not true, but car oil should not be used in a motorcycle with a wet clutch. Some of my friends have done it and had clutch issues. I've always used motorcycle oil. If all else fails I'm sure you can order oil online. Maybe order a case or something like that to help with the shipping costs.

oh autozone and advanced auto carry 4 stoke motorcycle oil and the walmart here in NC does also maybe try that

Valvoline makes a good non synth 10/40 motorcycle specific motor oil found at most auto parts stores. Good luck!

should i use the bike synth? keep in mind this my first oil change

I would use conventional one more time but im sure it wouldnt hurt. i went straight to syn on my wifes car after the first oil change. like i mentioned take a look at one of your parts stores, autozone etc. im sure theyll have some

553 miles....i've been advised not to use synth until the second oil change to unsure proper engine break in

like said above...go to a good auto parts store and look for motorcycle specific oil. Dont just ask cause most clerks dont know either. Walk to their special oil section and check there.

I would use conventional one more time but im sure it wouldnt hurt. i went straight to syn on my wifes car after the first oil change. like i mentioned take a look at one of your parts stores, autozone etc. im sure theyll have some

Read the rest of the posts. . . He's in Trinidad. If he says he's looked all over the place I would imagine whatever auto parts stores are there, he's checked.

553 miles....i've been advised not to use synth until the second oil change to unsure proper engine break in

Your advision is right about doing one oil change with conventional before switching. It MIGHT not hurt it to use regular auto oil in it for one change, but a friend of mine used regular oil in his and said the clutch didn't feel right the whole time he had the auto oil in it. He said it was slipping and the lever just felt weird.

You could do half and half, regular and synthetic. Contrary to what a lot of people think, the two CAN be mixed.

Read the rest of the posts. . . He's in Trinidad. If he says he's looked all over the place I would imagine whatever auto parts stores are there, he's checked.

Your advision is right about doing one oil change with conventional before switching. It MIGHT not hurt it to use regular auto oil in it for one change, but a friend of mine used regular oil in his and said the clutch didn't feel right the whole time he had the auto oil in it. He said it was slipping and the lever just felt weird.

You could do half and half, regular and synthetic. Contrary to what a lot of people think, the two CAN be mixed.

My bad big guy i didnt see in the post where he said he was from Trinidad!

yup ...i'm from Trinidad....& we don't have access to alot of bike oils....as i said b4...all the bike oils i could get r synth...other than that i could get car oil but not 10w-40....i could get 20w-50 but i'm not sure what to do.....that's why i'm looking for advice...btw here's a hot climate...not sure if that'll make any difference

Back