Good riding weather today

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Had some pretty good weather so I met up with one of the guys on the KY sportbike board.
Rode out 60 miles to get to his neck of the woods to do some riding.
Real good roads out in that area.
Anyways, pics and videos are below.

Tim on his SV
IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

Tim's response over at the board.
Almost made me blush.

Okay, now that I got a little more time I'll give one of my typical windbag replies.
It was very hot, I sweated a bunch, and I'll be in the tub shortly. Other than that, things couldn't have been much better, and I'd rather have to complain about it being 85* than 25* any day. Wasn't too much traffic out, unlike this morning, and two out of the few cars that were out actually pulled off to let us by. Pretty cool.
We were wanting to set up on the same curve I video'd George in, but there was an SUV parked on the shoulder there so we wound up in this spot. I was pretty tired by the time we started taking pics so I just rode at my normal speed, not worrying about getting a sweet knee dragging money shot. I could've gone maybe another 5 mph and dragged my right knee, but I just didn't feel comfortable about trying to push it to look cool and risk crashing into my riding bud or his sweet bike. Nathan made it look so easy, and it was very cool to hear his knee slider scraping 30' in front of me. Guys, the Busa might not be the best weapon for a really twisty road as far as tossing the bike from side to side compared to a lighter bike, but as far as being able to hold a line through a corner I have to say they're definately underrated. Today made a believer out of me. Good form and a good rider can make any bike better than you thought it was. I liked Nathan's riding style too. Sort of meshed with mine. I don't exceed 70 mph much on the byways, but I have no problem going over 2X the speed limit once I get to the fun stuff. Can't wait for the next ride.
EDIT: BTW, thanks for uploading the pics and vids! Next time I won't forget my camera and we can split the posting work up a little!

Looks like you all had a great time.:thumbsup:
Been 80 here for the last 3 days, I've been making up for lost saddle time too.

Back