Why would anyone buy a Power Commander

why???????????? because its easy and the correct way to to do and the o8 can't be flashed with the unit you have here pc-3 way to goooooooooooooooo:rulez:

what if i have a c ustom map for the pc can i get it converted to a flashed comp?

what if i have a c ustom map for the pc can i get it converted to a flashed comp?

Ask Smithabusa at SH.org. This is all new to me. I would bet it could be done.
Whoever wrote the software, which you can download for free from the link in the first post could probably tell you. The software looks impressive.

PC can he had cheaper?

I thought PC was $300 or so. This is less I think. Coming from a programming background, I would much rather get at the original code (in the ECU), than to over ride it with another device.

But again, I'm not advertising. I would want to have a lot of people say it really is as good as the claim. I don't have either the flash code or PC. And, if you start changing settings like making the f/a mix to lean, you could burn up your motor. I think there is a standard map that you could put back.

I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject. I will be tuned through the ECU in the near future. (Atleast that's the plan) It will be on a dyno, also. The process is a bit more time consuming, because you can not tune on the fly. The way I see it, just the fact of being able to eliminate all the excess gear we generally add to the bike to get the performance we want. Not to mention the performance beyond what a PCIII can do.

They are currently working on the Gen2 stuff, but with the driver mode select, it exponentially multiplies the number of files in the ECU.

I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Last edited:
It just eliminates the extra gear, but a PC is nice because you unplug it and go back to stock easily. You can also load new maps on easier I would think.

Judging from what I've have read, it's just as easy. You plug the computer/harness in and send the new file to the ECU. I do not think you can extract the stock map from the ECU, but I'm sure Suzuki did not tune every single bike. They just have a "stock" set-up that's loaded to every bike. I believe the original stock map can be found on the website where you can download the software.

I plan on having mine done here pretty soon. Then, later I will get the software and the harness so I can tweek it as needed.

yah .....oooookay.

I think I'd personally gather as much imformation as possible from as many points of referance again, as possible before I'd assume any singlev on is law but, that's just me however, I have a pcr111 with the cheesemans map loaded into it based upon my mods and, at what alltitude I operate in but, then again....what do I know?????

I was about to say..."Dude, you're a little behind the times.....Greg has already built a kit".... :oldcool: ......and I got one !!!! :super:

Can you get all the maps for different pipes and such so you can pretty well dial in your bike without a dyno?

The good news for those who love power commanders the used market is flooded with pcs for 02 to 07 bikes who are now using ecu flashing

My wifes bike made 230 hp using ecu editor

A local buddy here made 280 hp using ecu editor

There is no hp limit per say, if you upgrade fuel system amd injectors etc, there are guys running 650cc injectors being controlled by the stock ecu

My wifes bike made 180 on motor, and 230 on spray, amd nos comes on if I arm the toggle switch, are between 6000 and 10800 rpm, and throttle greater than 85 percent

At the instant my nos comes on, the map switches to the secondary map where I am adding fuel for nos and retarding timing 2 degrees. I have my liniter set to 11200, no 6th gear governor etc

In my case it would have eliminated a

Power commander
Power commander hub
Power commander map switch
Power commander ignition module
Window switch
Wide open throttle switch
Posted via Mobile Device

many dyno shops have these, some of the best tuners in the country have the ecu flasher

Johnny Cheese
Ryan Schnitz of Schnitz Racing
Walter Sprout
Sebastian Domingo of NLR Racing
Richard at RCC Turbos
Lee Shierts at Lees Performance
Frank at Powerhouse Cycles
Jay Stedman at Stedman Motorsports
Cycle Connection
Supreme Cyclez
Quicktime Motorsports
SAE Performance
Spaz Racing
Third Coast Speed
Wilburn Motorsports
XSV Sports
Henderson's V-Twin
Port-Tech Heads

The list goes on for a ways.

The neat thing about ecu flashing, say you are a few buddies all have an 02-07 bike, not everyone needs a programming box, it doesn't stay on the bike, buy 1 box, with extra bike harnesses and you can all share the programming box.

You can also build your own to save money, what I offer has been designed onto a circuit board for more robust connection, has the convenience LED's, in a case with professional wiring harness, and is tested before it ships on my ECU here to verify it all works :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back