2 maybe 3 riders down this week... Bash 09

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Copied and moved some of 2009 Bash Thread to this post for the pictures and account of what happened so far at the Bash 09... Ks-waterbug

Two that I know of; no injuries. One that was on WED, and one yesterday, following me on 28 heading towards Fontana. Sorry I don't know board name at this moment. Black GEN1. Swung too wide, left road; dropped off bike before it went over embankment. Several of us spent a good part of yesterday afternoon getting it 30 ft. back up the embankment. He would have been 30 ft. up in the trees if he hadn't let go..

Here's pics; I'm sure there will be more to follow...

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2 maybe 3 riders down this week...

Just got back in myself and I'm hearing that another member went down and that bike is in the water! More details later as they come in.... Nothing serious I'm told. The pictures above are from a wreck on Thursday...

Last edited:
BrendanP needed his bike washed. We went and fished it out for him and are currently working on it.

What a drag...so sorry, guys.

The rest of you be careful over there. :cursin:

I hate to hear this. Glad everyone is ok, but hope you guys dial it down some!:poke:

Ok, guys. I know you all are excited and frisky, but Please, Please Please, slow it down a bit. No shame in taking your time on the dragon. Get to know the road first then try and tame it.

I am so glad no one has been hurt, lets keep it that way.

WOW!!! The gixxer in the creek is tripping me out!! Can't help but think what if...just glad that as has been said before..no one hurt...PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY!!! :please:

Holy crap that sucks! But fortunately everyone was okay. I hope you get your bikes back and running good as new! I'd help, but I'm a long ways away and have the mechanical ability of billy goat.

Slow it down guys, we want some company in Arkansas.
XXXX 1000000000000000000000000000000, BE CAREFUL guys, that will would really put a damper on the weekend, the onw in the water looks like it didnt get much cosmetic damage, a little waterlogged but hopefully it will come out ok, glad everyone is safe

First: Glad the injuries are mild to none! :cheerleader:

Second: I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a bike in a river, let alone completely submerged in the water. Heart breaking. :(

Best of luck on the repairs/rehab of the bikes and even BESTER of luck to everyone for safe riding. Have fun, but get home safe!

started out my trip ending up in the er with kidney stones, only to get back on the road and arrive @ 5 am friday...this was the result of some oil and wet leaves in the roadway, while we where getting my bike back up, the gen two fell over and broke a peg....by the way I now need a main stay, fron cowl and right side plastic..donations anyone?
rode with trekfule,captain, and everybody else today, was a real blast...my bike stopped about 18 inches from a 400 foot cliff...no i didnt slid with it so im ok...
:whistle:
Demmy you can appreciat how my spikes stayed on and the plastic stil lmanaged to get scratched anyway...those are some tuff spikes..i will say this, they dug into the road and are probably what kept the bike from going over the cliff....

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Last edited:
Back