People say the strangest things

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
I have my GSXR1000 up for sale and a guy stopped to talk to me about it. He said he is also looking at a ZX-14 as the engines are made by Porsche. Is there any truth to that statement ? Sure would be news to me.

iv never heard that. i heard porsche helped harley with the v-rod motor but i dont know.

You should have told him all about how the spark plugs are built by hand out of pure starlight in a magical forest.

Then tell him your toaster was made by Lockheed Martin.

I've also heard a guy use the words "Rotary" and "8-Cylinders" talking about the same engine in his car...

Some people make up random things that sound interesting so that they sound like they know what they are saying... but they really don't have a clue.

I would be curious to know his riding experience and what he knows about your Gixxer.

Porsche and Harley designed the VRod, but Porsche did not design or build the ZX14 engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've also heard a guy use the words "Rotary" and "8-Cylinders" talking about the same engine in his car...

I was getting gas in the 7 once and a man approached me to ask a few questions about it. The conversation went something like this;

Him: "Sure is a fine lookin' car. Is that Japanese?"

Me: Yes, it's a Mazda.

Him: Yeah, I figgered...don't look American. How many cylinders does it have?

Me: None, it's a rotary.

Him: Ya mean it's only a four cylinder?

Me: No, it's a rotary. It hasn't got any cylinders.

Him: Ya mean like a V-twin with only two? Like a Harley?

Me: No...zero cylinders...none...no cylinders.....ro-ta-ry

Him: ......so....three cylinders then?

Me: *stab*

I was getting gas in the 7 once and a man approached me to ask a few questions about it. The conversation went something like this;

LOL moron

I loved my RX8, but that rotary had far too many problems. I had to have it towed to the dealership twice because it flooded out. Mind you, it was brand new.

Mine was a 12 cylinder though. :laugh:

I miss my old rx7's, wish I could have got my hands on one of the mid ninetys turbos.

Some people make up random things that sound interesting so that they sound like they know what they are saying... but they really don't have a clue.

Sometimes, the more they talk the less they know.

Lincoln said, "I would rather keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt."

Some funny stories!

--Wag--

Oh,no it doesn't have any cylinders, how can it run :laugh:

Gotta love the rortary

motivatorrotary.jpg

Back