What to expect

doorcrasher

Registered
:fight:I crashed last Saturday. It states in the Police report that it was all the cars fault. The insurance guy is due any day and would like to know what to ask for. I have or had a 2005 with the normal chrome stuff. The NADA says average retail is 8751.00, list 10899.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help with the value, but remember that you are in control. Some agents will pressure you to sign off on a figure. Don't do it until YOU feel comfortable.

you will need to replace your helemt and gear as well

edit: helmets are 1 time use.

If you have receipts for anything...I would have them ready. Then you will have some ammo to justify your disagreement with their estimate. Hopefully, you will be able to get the payout up to atleast the cost of a new one :thumbsup:

Did you come out of this unscathed? The other posts have covered most everything
  • Helmet
  • Any riding gear that was damaged
  • All receipts for modifications/customizations
  • Medical receipts
  • Pain and suffering - Keep a diary of you DAILY issues with road rash, soreness, inability to sleep or resume normal activities
  • Loss of use - MY MOTORCYCLE IS MY LIFE AND I HAVE NO PURPOSE WITHOUT IT!

Since they are 100% liable they have to 'make you whole'. They may not cover, tax & license for a new motorcycle but I would sure push them close to it. Good Luck....I hate insurance companies, an evil but necessary commodity. You got them, not the other way around.

Keep in mind insurance doesn't just fix/replace parts. Did you lose time from work, see a doctor, experience any pain, do you have other transportation? Good luck.

if you don't like their offer just say "i don't know i think i have to talk to a lawyer" and see how fast they change their tune... :thumbsup:

oh my god does that saying work.... :laugh:

Most insurance will pay out book value and it is generally between private party and retail. Advice: Mention a lawyers name.

Pain? They have me on the good stuff for a little whilr. Out of work for atleast 11wks, so says the doc's. Mainly broke foot, they put in plate and screws. hehe hard hard way to learn about boots.

Well, there you go...pain and suffering. Missing 11 wks of work. Case is building pretty good for you.

I'm sure your health insurance is paying some or most of this. I would tell them you are being treated for a vehicle accident injuries caused by the other party. They will want to collect on the money they are having to put out as well.

Last edited:
Made a little error in judgment last night. I didn’t take my pain meds last night. Each time woke up I told myself 8 days should be enough time to get over the pain. WRONG, I’ll not do that again.

Hay, I would like to thank everyone for all the advice and support.

Wow, glad you are on the mend. Yeah, don't sign anything right away. Make sure it is going to cover EVERYTHING that was taken from you. Now, I am not saying bleed them dry, but just make sure you are being compensated fairly.

Take care and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Back