Clutch adjustment help!

rashad

Registered
Hey just in case anyone missed it.. the 2009 Spring Busa Bash is here.. just in case youmissed the pop up every time you thought about thinking about thoughts....wow.

Anyways... The clutch on the busa engages right off the lever. This is great for some but I always use two fingers on the clutch.... So apparently the fastest production motorcycle's clutch cannot be adjusted other than the little spinner wheel that does nothing...please help.

And someone PLEASE turn off that damn popup!

lol sorry that popup was driving me crazy last night.. and i was a bit drunk..

I like using only two fingers on the clutch..because it gives you more control..with more fingers on the grip. But the busa clutch grips as soon as you get past the grip..so no room for my fingers... how can i adjust the pull to start later? (farther out)

Sounds like it needs bleeding--must not be disengaging the plates much at all. Does it shift OK? Clutch drag in neutral?

Sounds like it needs bleeding--must not be disengaging the plates much at all. Does it shift OK? Clutch drag in neutral?

+1

Mine doesn't start to engage until your about half way out from the grip. Mine is an 09 but my 07 did the same thing and every hydraulic clutch that I ever used has been like that. Now cable clutches are a different story. :)

Good Luck, I'm sure somebody will have an answer for you.

I have my clutch lever set at "4" as well. I can feel the clutch start to engage about half-way through the release (from fully pulled to hand grip). If yours is releasing immediately after the release then you might have an air bubble in the line.

D

oh god... after all the sexual inuendos that thread makes my hand hurt just thinking about it....

Back