triple tree help

joenub

Registered
when i got my '01 it had this top on it. is this a lowering tree or just a blinged out aftermarket one? i can't say that i really like the look of it myself.

triple tree.jpg

triple tree.jpg

It is a lowering triple tree because as you can see it allows the entire fork to pass through. The stock one doesn't do that and looks like this.

Baby J - 19.jpg

If you don't want to go lower, you can sell it on ebay.
There are stock ones on ebay too from those who have swapped theirs out.

Does anybody know how to take the chrome triple tree bolts out? I tried loosening the nut of the bolts from the bottom of the tree and all it does is spin the entire chrome bot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anybody know how to take the chrome triple tree bolts out? I tried loosening the nut of the bolts from the bottom of the tree and all it does is spin the entire chrome bot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there are covers on the bolt heads. pry them off with a screwdriver and there is a allen head bolt under there.

That's not a bolt top, it's a plastic/chrome beauty piece that pushes down into the allen top bolt head. Get a small/thin blade screwdriver or construction knife and gently pop them out to reveal the real bolt. Raydog

Back