No Clutch Pressure

JSilvers

Registered
I cannot build pressure in the clutch line. I have just changed out most of the peripheral clutch hardware on a 2008. I chromed out the clutch reservoir housing and used a 2007 vs 2008 because of availability. I did that change over late last year and had a problem with leakage that I was able to stop. This time around had to do it again. The housing bolthole was not perpendicular to the banjo hole and I could not stop the leak this time around when I changed over clutch lines and got a new housing and changed over the internal guts/hardware. I changed over to a Gafer clutch line. I changed out the engine sprocket cover. Now for reasons I cannot fathom I cannot build pressure in the clutch line. I have bled the lines. I have the bleeder screw tight. There appears to be no external leak paths (fluid dripping). I have taken the sprocket cove off again and checked the slave cylinder by removing and actuating it with 20 psi of air. It moved quickly and is not frozen. The clutch rod looks straight and unmarked. Nothing seems to be jammed. Did not touch the guts of the clutch to my knowledge. I have taken the clutch cover off as I am changing that out along with the engine oil. I have the bike on a stand rear tire up. Started it up (before I drained all of the oil) put into gear, pull the clutch in and pushed the brake - bike craps out. Not sure where else to look, push, pull, or whatever.

possibly air in clutch line? Bleed it over again..run 2 or 3 reservoir fulls through it.

I have a 06 and mine was doing the same thing, after chasing it around a bit I bled the line again and it fixed it.

I had the same problem on my 08 after chroming the stator cover. I resolved it by bleeding the lines several times. I suggest taking it off of the stand, putting it in gear with the engine off and try rolling the bike by using the clutch to see if it is fuctioning properly.

Back