the old 220 gauge replacement question

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
instead of replacing the entire guages, can you jut take the 220 face plate off and add it the existing gauges, reason i ask is to keep the miles at the right setting by using the factory gauges.

You can, but you will need to get a speedo-healer to correct the speedometer error.

You can also send your gauges to Scott @ bluegauges.com and he can set the mileage to whatever you need it to read.

i was thinking of that if i sent the entire 220 gauge set in, i would prefer to just take the plate of the 220 plate and put in on my preset set to avoid the cost of changing the milage.

If you put a 220 face on a 185 cluster, you have to decide which one you want to be accurate, the speedometer or the odometer. The other will be off by ~20% if you are running stock gears.

instead of replacing the entire guages, can you jut take the 220 face plate off and add it the existing gauges, reason i ask is to keep the miles at the right setting by using the factory gauges.

Yes, pull needle straight off and push straight on, as others have said mph will be off.

speedo 001.jpg

speedo 005.jpg

speedo 045.jpg

speedo 016.jpg

speedo 027.jpg

Back