why is there no axle cotter pin?

mikejmd

Registered
My past motorcycles had a cotter pin securing the rear axle nut. Why is one not present on my '09?
thanks, mike

Is there a hole drilled in the castle nut for a pin? If so I gotta say there should be one in said hole....
If not maybe the powers that be decided it was unnecessary?

When assembled, it was probably forgotten, or droke when they put it in and has already fallen out. I up graded mine the last time it was out to the type of pin you would use on your receiver hitch to hold the little bar end. The exact name escapes me right now.

No holes in nut. Do earlier model busas have them?
Stop riding now! Listen, Mike, obviously your Gen II bike left the factory with a dangerously unsafe condition. I would not ride that bike or the rear wheel might fall off and that would be very bad.

Tell you what, bring your bike over to my house and I will trade you for my nice 2007 Hayabusa (red, the fastest color), which has the proper safety equipment, including the all-important cotter pin and castellated nut. It will probably take some time for me to implement the repairs to correct the deficiencies in your bike, so we could just trade titles.

I know this is selfless of me, but it is important to me to look out for the safety of my fellow Busa riders. PM me and we can set up the trade.

Stop riding now! Listen, Mike, obviously your Gen II bike left the factory with a dangerously unsafe condition. I would not ride that bike or the rear wheel might fall off and that would be very bad.

Tell you what, bring your bike over to my house and I will trade you for my nice 2007 Hayabusa (red, the fastest color), which has the proper safety equipment, including the all-important cotter pin and castellated nut. It will probably take some time for me to implement the repairs to correct the deficiencies in your bike, so we could just trade titles.

I know this is selfless of me, but it is important to me to look out for the safety of my fellow Busa riders. PM me and we can set up the trade.

Hell of a guy, Always looking out for others. :whistle:

Someone nominate this guy for Saint-hood.:whistle:

Dam, this guy should run for President!! :beerchug:

This is the one you mean right?
My 06 Busa....

Cotter pin 06 Busa.jpg

My past motorcycles had a cotter pin securing the rear axle nut. Why is one not present on my '09?
thanks, mike
...no worries mang... My '08 is pinless too... :beerchug:

The thing is...we have such advanced motorcycles, that even the Geico caveman could properly secure the rear axle, thus antiquating the need for pinnage... :thumbsup:

D

Back