Fork Seals Need Replacement ?????

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I had my Pilot Powers 2CT Installed today..............WOW What a Tire :thumbsup: But that is another story. Dealer Says my Fork Seals Need Replacing soon and it's NOT Covered by the Factory 1 Year Warranty............... :wtf:
Oh Yeah the Busa only has 2500 Miles.................

That's right they are not.
How does he know..... soon?
If they are leaking, do it now and if they are not, leave them alone.

Fork Seals at 2500 Miles ? My 06 had almost 10,000 Miles and Never Needed anything but oil and tires

do not listen to your dealer...get the info for suzuki and call them yourself...make sure the dealer has actually made a claim

I went through similar b/s over a c50 fuel tank the dealer said wasn't covered....

Suzuki replaced the tank.

Wheelies will do it for sure.
So will heavier fork oil.
I replaced my seals with All Balls seals.
They have 3 lips which hold back the oil and seemed a little softer.
I don't know how long they will last, but I will report back.

All Balls Products

Robert, man what have you been doin to that new Busa? How in the world did you go through the stock tires then a set of Qualifers and now PP 2CT's within 2500 miles? and fork seals? Do we have a new Ghost Rider? :thumbsup:

My seals went out at 15,000 miles. The front end, it's just so light!

Yut ugggghhhhhhh

Have you checked the forks yourself? For a quick test, run your finger over the lower exposed tube(s) and look for oil residue.

Maybe the result of the spill or the Wheelies, yeah he's a Wheely nut I tell ya. Surprised that front tire has any wear considering all the airtime it gets.

Back