Triple Tree Help!!

Kosinski

Registered
Hey guys, I just ordered my black triple tree and need some step by step instructions on how to do it. I have always straped the frount down, but i am going to do it the right way this time. Where can I find step by step instructions so i can do it myself. Thanks Rick

Start with what kinda of tree did you get. Several different types out there, with several different ways they install.

looks like yours is like the one i got. Hope i dont make a mistake here. But it not that hard. Start by popping the 4 chrome caps off with a small flat screwdriver. Will be 4 allen bolts under them. On the back side of the handle bar mounts will be 2 bolts on each side. Take the handle bar bolts out first and gently pull tha bars straight out and with a towel against the bike let them hang down when you do the next step. Take out the 4 bolts (ones under the chrome caps) the upper handle bar mount should just pull off. Then put the new upper mount on, bars back in and adjust the position of them.
Then to lower the bike (if wanted). Remove the under nose plastic, will be 4 12mm bolts that hold the forks to the lower tree. Loosen them till they are just snug in the mount. then very carefully loosen the upper bolts that holds the fork in the upper tree. DON'T take them all the way out, just so they are a little loose. You will need the pressure to slow the dropping of the bike. Do it just a little at a time or the bike will drop right to the ground and that causes a big mess. Find the right height or amount of drop you want and tighten the top bolt then the bottom bolts. Make sure you measure the exact height of the forks from side to side. I go from the upper tree to the upper line in the fork. It also helps to keep the bolts somewhat tight and use a small rubber hammer and tap the upper tree downward to get the exact same height from side to side.

Hope this helps

Back