Road Trip

Kent.Michaels

Registered
Guys,
Bought a 07 new in Atlanta
Plan to ride it home to San Antonio
This is bike number 11 for me, ain't my first rodayo.
But am I insane, I don't want to take a week to get home.
How will my ass hold up on one of these beautiful machines
down the interstate for hours at a time.
Feedback will be most appreciated.
And looking forward to riding with the Austin SA group. :bowdown:

Kent

:welcome: to the org. that should be a nice ride.

I've done almost 800 miles in a day without much issue. If you start early it helps alot. Better to start in the dark than end in the dark. I don't have risers or heli bars on my 06 but I did upgrade the seat. Like above, stretch those legs and enjoy the countryside.
:beerchug:

2009-04-20 002.jpg

The 'busa offers many different riding positions. You should be good to go!

:beerchug:

Welcome to the .oRg and good luck with the ride! Be sure to take tons of pix and share 'em when you get where you're goin'!

yee-hah!!

You are only about 3 hours from the Busa Bash, you should come join us and make sure you get a gel seat.

Its a two day ride. Mapquest sz its 989+ miles, so call it a thousand. 500 mile days are not a problem with the Hayabusa. Of course it all depends on how you fit. Short arms w/o risers or heli-bars may cause a backache. I happen to have very long arms so I didn't need them. The stock seat also fits me well. I flew from NorCal to SoCal to buy my 06 and rode it back home 460 miles the same day along hiway 1 and 101. Was a great 'test ride'. Here's my first stop somewhere in Malibu. Do it!

1st stop somewhere in Malibu.jpg

All I can offer is to be safe and if you feel any muscles starting to twitch or shake, stop and give it a small walk-a-bit until you feel this sensation go away.
I had a hip give me trouble once and I had to stop for several minutes to feel comfortable again.
Should be an awesome ride,
Bubba
Tons of pics is the required,

Last edited:
welcome aboard, you'll love that ride and you'll love all the friendly and helpful folks you find here. take lots of pics and share them with us when you get her home!

No big deal, U can do it. It aint no R1. For more details on new purchase and riding it home ... contact BA Busa. He bought one back east and rode it home to Calif.

???:thumbsup:???

If you want, I live near Atlanta and I could drive it over for you (supposing you supply a plane ticket back):whistle:

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.
I will on this bad mofo next Tuesday and begin
back. I will try to take pix, just for youse guys.
Be Safe,

Kent

:beerchug: :thumbsup: Hope you have a safe trip!! Throttlemeister I think would be your best first purchase for that long a ride. Either that or a seat upgrade. Since you have had several bikes in the past, the stock seat might not be a problem for you. I have covered about 1000 miles in one day, I was worn out at the end but I enjoyed it.

I look forward to meeting you at one of the TX M'n'G.

Back