Please Pay Attention!!

Jay Willie

Donating Member
Registered
Dang it!!! What in the world do people think?! Just because we own a vehicle, do we think we become the new 'I can drive!' god? (Small 'g', capital one belongs to the one true God!)

Sorry, guys, but I got let off a little steam!! As a general contractor, I do quite a bit of business with the local lumber yards, hardware stores, etc., so I really get a chance to make a lot of good friends. A couple of months ago, one of the young men at the local 'Ace is the place' comes up and says,"Hey, John, you'll never guess what! I got a street bike!!" Great, Chris, just be careful, gear up, watch out for the other guy. "Oh, I got lots of dirt bike riding experience! I can't wait to get out on the street!!" Just take your time and don't get in too big a hurry. You've got the rest of your life....

Weather's breakin', lots of people out flexing there motorcycle muscles, gettin' stretched out for another good riding season, when...WTF!!!???!~! Guy driving a pick-up, towing a golf cart trailer loaded with riding lawnmowers, tries to beat lunch time traffic to pull into a fast food restaurant, across two lanes, no freakin' less!!! Chris lays it down and slids under the guys trailer.

Even though the guy didn't stop until he was halfway through the parking lot, it was too late for Chris. He'd caught the underside of his helmet going under the trailer, spun his head around and broke his neck. They figured he died instantly.

Chris was a good kid. No amount of gear would have saved him. For those of you who are prayer people, please remember his family. I'm sure the pickup driver is struggling with his decision to try to squeeze through, too, and it would be kind to offer up prayers for him.

We've just got to all pay attention!!

very sad news. Will the driver of the truck be charged with anything?

Nada. Small town, very small. Motorcyclists are aliens from another planet, and I must say, sometimes I act like it. But, then again, it's hard for me to tell whose stranger....

It's just very sad. Being educated about ownership of anything; bikes, cars, boats, guns, anything, should include instructions on how to respect and honor others with what you own. One of the things buggin' me is...

I know I'm guilty, too...

Very sad. I hope that charges are laid and the pick-up driver spends some time in prison for what he has done. This was not an accident and negligent drivers have to be held accountable for their actions.

Prayers sent.Horrible.Just horrible.PLEASE be careful out there guys.That HAS to be the one of the most common crash occurances-someone making a turn in front of you.My son will be turning 16 and will start riding this year and I always tell him that people will look right through you and then cut in front of you.May God be with all those involved.
Mike

ah geese thats terrible news...my best friends son (17) lost his life last year to a lady that pulled out in front of him.

Prayers sent.Horrible.Just horrible.PLEASE be careful out there guys.That HAS to be the one of the most common crash occurances-someone making a turn in front of you.My son will be turning 16 and will start riding this year and I always tell him that people will look right through you and then cut in front of you.May God be with all those involved.
Mike

I was travelling behind a car a couple of days ago on a main roadway, one lane in each direction. The car pulls off on to the right shoulder like he is about to turn into an upcoming entrance to an apartment building on the right. At the last second he swings hard left and does a U-turn right in front of me! If I had been going any faster I likely would have t-boned his drivers side front or rear door. What an a**hole!

I have been a motorcyclist for over 30 years now and I absolutely love everything to do with bikes and riding. That noted I don't promote motorcycling to anyone outside of my immediate family as I know what the dangers are and I don't want to be responsible if someone ends up getting hurt or worse. I also have a son who loves bikes and wants to get a bike when he is old enough for his licence. I can't say no, and I don't want to say no, but I do know that I am going to have a lot of sleepless nights over this wonderful addiction. Be safe.

Prayers to his family and geez keep your eyes open and ears off the phone and above all be safe in any vehicle you drive. DARN DARN DARN

I hate to hear things like this people just dont care everyones in a hurry to do something

+1 I have been riding for a over 40 yrs. and it never ceases to amaze me the stupid stuff people do and it seems to be getting worse. U turns without checking traffic, right hand turns from stop lights or stop signs without stopping, tailgating and my favorite is talking on a dang cell phone! Standard excuse..."I didn't see him", well you didn't look arsehole! Makes me sick to hear of stories like this. One of the guys I knew (Dean Abbott) finished his tour in Vietnam and had been home for only a couple of weeks when someone backed out of their driveway dead in front of him, great guy and he never had a chance. RIP Chris, you have plenty of good people to ride with, the road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Back