Has anyone tried riding one of these new Spyders?

johnnybighit

Registered
I was at the cycle shop/showroom and saw a bunch of these Spyders displayed.

Has anyone given these things a try? Thoughts?

Click the link to see movie:
- Spyder 3 wheel motorcycle[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
It has the aprilia rsv 1000 engine one it from rotax! Nice engine and sweet v twin sound

Yes, I drove the Bombardier. Quite a machine...the front wheels are electronically controlled and can toe in / out when needed. Not sure if I would want one, but fun to ride.

I am really anxious to ride one they look like a lot of fun. Seem like a great platform for long distance cruising.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the point of such a vehicle. Just buy a convertible if that's your thing. :whistle:

Never rode one , but there was a guy at texas mile racing one and he was having a blast.

I like the. Wife want one.She wants to ride but doesnt feel comfortable with 2 wheels and doesnt want a standard trike. I think it would be good for her and my daughter to ride on.

I Have seen the Spider on the street, three wheelers dont really apeall to me..
BUT if it had to be three it would be a T-Rex... NOT the Can AM spider.
I have taken a T-REX for a spin, there sick....
Hope the link below works..

- Fifth Gear T-Rex[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to ride one that they had demoing at the local dealership. I have to say, while its not my thing, they sure do ride nice and handle nice. its about impossible to get that thing to slide out.

I rode one for quite a wild ride over back roads. It accelerates great, but it blows your mind in the corners. The controls would take some getting used to for a biker, but a beginner could pick it up OK. It was a lot of fun, but I would not spend any money on it. I need to lean into the corners - or else I will just take the convertible.

Seen i them in mags and at shows for a few years now, but never on the street. My gut reactions based on intuition and reviews that I've read:

1) It ain't a motorcycle!!!
2) I'd rent one for a day.
3) I'd never own one. Instead I would get a Lotus Elise (or similar) and not have to worry about a rain suit. :laugh:

I think they might be aiming at the snowmobile crowd as a target market. I can't see too many motorcyclists buying one except maybe as an occasional toy to go into a collection of bikes. I've seen a few on the road but more being towed on trailers behind pickups.

I'll take the T-Rex instead.

I sat on one this past saturday. :whistle:
my friend got to test ride it but got lost! so I didnt have time to take it out for a spin because the dealer was about to close for the day. ???

Maybe this weekend i will try again.

mail.google.com.jpg

IMG00072-20090418-1339.jpg

Last edited:
They handle well but feel like a mix between a snowmobile and a 4 wheeler several of the guys on my 109 site have them and love them and for the guys comparing them to the Trex look at the price range and durability the rex is about 7 times the cost.Canam had a test track in sturgis last year with about 30 of them and they were taking people out in groups through the hills on test rides. :thumbsup:

Back