Are gloves so difficult?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Am I the only one that is having or had a difficult time finding good gloves? My favorite gloves are a pair of worn our thin leather gloves that fit like....well....a glove? :laugh:

But seriously, I have bought two pairs of gloves now and they feel ok in the store, but when I get them around the handlebars, they pinch my skin and cut off my circulation. I don't really understand how this is so difficult?

Anyone else?

They sound like they are too tight. Put them on and then dunk them in water. Wear them to mow the yard or something so they will dry while you are wearing them. Then........they will fit like a glove. :thumbsup:

I went through a couple of pairs like this. I ended up putting a pair on and went and found some handlebars in the store and held on to them for about 30 minutes or so. I looked like an idiot in the store but it worked. Keep looking you will find a pair that fits. Also if you have one glove that fits better than the other try on other pairs and have the store put both gloves that fit together and put the ones that don't back on the rack.

I have a new pair of Komodo gloves I am breaking in. Rode 260+ miles yesterday & my hands are a lttle sore. I roll the fingers up & wire tie them, them put them between my matress & box springs. They are fine after 2 days. I avoid water, because they may stretch. Just keep trying on different gloves until you like the feel.

I have had my Joe Rockets for two years now and i love them they fit so good and still have great protection!!!

I have a drawer full of gloves. Keep buying and trying. The biggest problem seems to be at the lower portion of the thumb in that the seams always seem to know how to find that nerve and cut off the feeling to my thumbs. Then we you do find them the are never the "Size" they say they are. It tough...

I went through a few pairs before I finally found a pair I like: A*- SP2

the mattres idea sound like a good idea.. I just got mine this winter and could tell they would be hard to grip as soon as I got them. So I picked up some leather condtioner and sprayed them a few time while wearing them and making a fist.. little bit better but not great..

I went through a few pairs before I finally found a pair I like: A*- SP2

I have the SMX Air Carbons for FL riding. They are awesome. My wife just bought herself a pair because she liked mine so much. :laugh:

:thumbsup:
d_4666.png

I have several pairs of gloves, but found only one set that I'm comfy in, so yeah, it's hard to find that one pair that works...

When you do, buy a few pairs LOL

I favor a pair of ICON gloves I have...

Agreed....finding a good set of gloves with feel and protection are a hard one to come by. I have the same sp-2 in red and black. Sweet glove!

DISCLAIMER: Use this tip at your own risk.

To get a more custom fit out of my gloves, often I'll wash them (in the washing machine on a gentle cycle). The trick, in my experience, is to NOT put them in the dryer. Instead, right out of the washer put 'em on just as you would to ride, maybe even go out to the bike and grap the grips and controls. This will loosen a tight pair of gloves, allowing them to stretch while their wet. Then, you leave the gloves to air dry, usually 24-48 hours. Voila! Custom fit and the leather is still great!

Now, if you need to tighten a loose pair of gloves, do all of the above but instead of air drying, leave the gloves on and use a hair dryer to do the drying - depending on how the leather responds, you may want to dry them completely or only partially and then let them air dry. Finally, if needed, apply your favorite leather conditioner. This should result in tightening of the leather and, again, Voila!

Best of luck!

I have had my Joe Rockets for two years now and i love them they fit so good and still have great protection!!!

Same here but then again no one ever accused me of being picky :laugh:

Don't forget protection. What the dealer will call summer gloves offer very little protection.

I find the Dainese Hellracers to be very comfortable and as you say they fit like a glove. Cycle Gear carries them. I was trying on some Held gloves at Cycle Gear that felt/fit really nice just couldn't justify spending another $160 on another pair of gloves.

Dainese%20Hellracer%20gloves%20blue_410x410.jpg

I got a pair of alpinestars GP pro about 2 months ago and run the under warm water a couple of times and rode with them, and they are just now getting broke in.

I feel ya mang. If you find a pair of gloves that you like in the store, oft times they are a bit snug on the bike. Just soak them in distilled/filtered water right before you are ready to go on a ride. They will dry as you ride, and stretch to your grip. Do this a couple of times, and they should fit much mo betta. :beerchug:

D

Back