What weight of Amsoil to get?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Don't most of you guys run 20/50? I looked for 10 minutes at the manual trying to find the stock weight (while I was on the phone with a distributor) and didn't see the weight.

I'm think 20/50 would be better than x /40 :suspect:

So, is everyone running 10/40 using Amsoil, or are you telling me the weight you use, regardless of the brand?

I've noticed that most engine manufacturers have gone to 5/30, meaning they have gotten away from high heavy end numbers. Maybe 20/50 is too thick at lower temps?

AND, I forgot, is 126.50 a case too high?

Last edited:
So, is everyone running 10/40 using Amsoil, or are you telling me the weight you use, regardless of the brand?

I've noticed that most engine manufacturers have gone to 5/30, meaning they have gotten away from high heavy end numbers. Maybe 20/50 is too thick at lower temps?

AND, I forgot, is 126.50 a case too high?

I get mine by the gallon for about $42 (dealer price) and use 20/50 - love it!

I think I paid 100.00 last time I bought it, but I have a card too. If the fact says 10w-40 roll with it!

!0-40 Make sure it is MCF (motorcycle formula)

mcf_qt_300.jpg

most guys use 20-50 with turbos because of the heat...I always put in 10-40 in my stock busa....The truth is as long as you have the proper amount of oil in your bike it could make 2 ****s difference. Thats a hard fact to accept but its true. One of the most Well known builders told me that face to face. If you think about it its true...if a bike blow up or something internally goes wrong its either a problem with a part failure or clearance issues...not the TYPE of oil that is in the bike. I used Castrol Actevo synthetic in my bike and beat on hard for 10K miles, when the motor came apart he said it looked awesome

Last edited:
Thanks to all. I think I'll go with the 10/40 MCF. It's a stock bike. The weather is never hot in Idaho Falls, but the winter can get to -29. When I put it up on stands, I start it once a week. It's not that cold in the garage, but the oil could be pretty cold in the winter.

Mobil 1 4T race 10-40, but any brand will do just fine, it's all a matter of opinion.

!0-40 Make sure it is MCF (motorcycle formula)

Exactly. 10w40 MCF....do not start running 20w50 in the Hayabusa. I talked to the tech-dudes at Amsoil and they said, "Sure you can run 20w50 MCV...if you want...but you're robbing that motor of horsepower....". That's straight from the boys at Amsoil.

If you'd like to save money, do their Preferred Customer Program. $20 / yr, and you buy at cost. I think a gallon (4 qts) runs me about $33........throw in an EAoM 109 filter and it just doesn't get much better anywhere........ :super:

In the sponsor box you can put #531600 if you want, PM me for the name that goes with it..... :oldcool:

Last edited:
Back