Galfer clutch line

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So when I bought new brake lines I also bought the clutch line. However, I do not think I am going to install it. If I am tracking it right and understanding it....the bulk of what I would be replacing is a metal tube, not a rubber hose like the brake line that I replaced. I trace the current stock line from the bars, to the frame at top of the tree about where it converts to a preformed metal tube which straddles the frame along the tank and then drops down through the middle to the clutch shifter. So I think I am going to return/sell it. Or is there is a good reason this is worth it?

I was going to do the clutch when I did the brake lines but decided not to do it. I figured, with the hydraulic clutch which is really easy to operate compared to the cable one on my previous '01 R1, I didn't think it's worth it.

I did it on mine just because I don't want to ever have to worry about the standard rubber line wearing out and breaking down over time.

The hose portions of the line still need to be changed every 4 years. So I replaced mine with the Galfer(thanks again Pashnit). Not to mention I think the Galfer is cheaper than the OEM clutch line.

Si-lo did you replace the entire part including where the metal piping is? Or just the rubber part?

I have it following the same same path. Here is a pic. I just did it yesterday.

IMG_0246.jpg

Thanks a lot for the pic bud, I suppose I will do it too......how do you bleed the clutch line? Is there a bleeder valve buried down there or?

Yes there is a bleeder valve. You cant miss it. Here is the clutch bleed instructions. Good luck, the clutch was easier to bleed than the brakes.

clutchBleed.jpg

Back