Hayabusa's in B uenos Aires.....NADA

TallTom

Registered
I had the opportunity to go to Buenos Aires on vacation. I am in fact here now. I have seen about 15,812 two wheeled forms of transportation here. Most of them 125CCs and below. One Katana (size unknown), One Gixxer (size unknown) and one very well worn Honda RR1000 that looks to be about 20 years old. Boy oh boy would a Hayabusa get attention down here. However it would only last about 12 seconds in this traffic. Shheesszzz these people are CRAZY driving.

Gear is a rarity to see and they all run the things at Wide Open Throttle everywhere they are. There is 2 speeds, stopped at a light or hauling ass to avoid stopping at the light.......LOL.

Cops drive some water cooled V-Twin bike....not even sure what they are...maybe Kawis.

Taking pictures, just haven't figured out how to get them from here to online from here......lol.

Argentina is a great vacation spot. It is one place where the U.S. dollar can by something.

Biggest expense was airfare and a long ass flight in a tinyass seat.

There are still some VERY expensive areas here. Palermo and Ricoleta being 2 ot those. But get into the "local" scene and you get a litre of great beer for $1 and dinosuar sized steak cooked anyway you like for about $7. Not kidding these are MONSTER steaks served by tiny little girls.....lol.
Cabs are ridicously cheap and plentiful. Chicken is like our steaks for expensive. Electronis are crazy expensive.

Electric is super cheap, gas for cars etc super expensive.

The fruit here taste spectacular!!!!!!

Biggest expense was airfare and a long ass flight in a tinyass seat.

There are still some VERY expensive areas here. Palermo and Ricoleta being 2 ot those. But get into the "local" scene and you get a litre of great beer for $1 and dinosuar sized steak cooked anyway you like for about $7. Not kidding these are MONSTER steaks served by tiny little girls.....lol.
Cabs are ridicously cheap and plentiful. Chicken is like our steaks for expensive. Electronis are crazy expensive.

Electric is super cheap, gas for cars etc super expensive.

The fruit here taste spectacular!!!!!!

Are you going to see the Casa Rosada?

Re: Hayabusa's in Buenos Aires.....NADA

Are you going to see the Casa Rosada?

Tried once but it was blocked off due to I guess Castro's daugther being here for something. It was all blocked off for about 3 city blocks. Still on my list of to dos.

they way they drive there sounds like they do in my country, Indonesia...they only allow motorbike up to 250cc. Beyond that you need to join like a national motorcycle club to get a special paper to get a above 250cc motorbike. but they do have 600cc, 1000cc and hayabusa there.

Wow! Have fun, Tom. No wonder I couldn't get you on the phone the other day.

I actually had the pleasure of hosting the ambassador of Argentina and his wife for Thanksgiving at my mother's house in Washington DC a few years ago. Don't believe he is the ambassador anymore. He always told me to contact him should I ever be in Argentina...lost the number.

Oh, yeah, don't get kidnapped!

Wow! Have fun, Tom. No wonder I couldn't get you on the phone the other day.

I actually had the pleasure of hosting the ambassador of Argentina and his wife for Thanksgiving at my mother's house in Washington DC a few years ago. Don't believe he is the ambassador anymore. He always told me to contact him should I ever be in Argentina...lost the number.

Oh, yeah, don't get kidnapped!

Hi Keith.

We can hook up after my return, first part of May. Not sure they have that sort of threat here. I do look like a circus freak at 6'6" here though. The females stare in amazement and try to ask me questions but I No Habla Esaponola enough. Sure wish I did however.....;-), because the looks they give I am not complaining about. Hell if I got kidnapped they would pay them to keep me out of the U.S.A., since they can't give me tickets. :laugh:

Maybe you better find his number. If they remember you, then I have an "in" here.

+1000 on the steaks. Do the cabdrivers still turn off their headlights at red lights? Way back in '63 my USAF C-130 loadmaster job found me on a 7 day mission hauling supplies to the US embassies in South America. Wish I had taken a bunch of photos.

+1000 on the steaks. Do the cabdrivers still turn off their headlights at red lights?

I couldn't tell you as a have my eyes freakin closed the whole ride!!!!! There is no ticket to any amusement park that equals the feeling you get in your stoamch in a cab in traffic here. OMG these people are CRAZY. They just make lanes. They just run lights. They just pull out in front of you and KNOW you will be the one that screams chicken first!!!!!

The cab drivers laugh at me as I am learning all the Spanish curse words during the car rides. Holy Bejesus!!!!!! And it is NEVER at low speed!!!! They FLY through the city streets. They want to turn left and they are in the far right lane??....NO PROBLEMO!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely stunned there are not more accidents here. But there are signs of FREQUENT contacts being made. It is all in a days work here. Holy Mother of Christ let me crash near a church so I don't have far to pray my way to heaven.

And the cabs are like tinyass things, with names I have never seen or heard of that are about the size of a Smart Car, made from apparently recycled Cambells Soup cans because they sound like they weight about 600 lbs. as they whiz along the roads at about 6K R.P.M. everywhere.

I have taken up walking if it is less than 5 miles to get somewhere now.....lol.

Plentiful and cheap to get around....if you have the gonads of a T-Rex to use them......lol.

I couldn't tell you as a have my eyes freakin closed the whole ride!!!!! There is no ticket to any amusement park that equals the feeling you get in your stoamch in a cab in traffic here. OMG these people are CRAZY. They just make lanes. They just run lights. They just pull out in front of you and KNOW you will be the one that screams chicken first!!!!!

The cab drivers laugh at me as I am learning all the Spanish curse words during the car rides. Holy Bejesus!!!!!! And it is NEVER at low speed!!!! They FLY through the city streets. They want to turn left and they are in the far right lane??....NO PROBLEMO!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely stunned there are not more accidents here. But there are signs of FREQUENT contacts being made. It is all in a days work here. Holy Mother of Christ let me crash near a church so I don't have far to pray my way to heaven.

And the cabs are like tinyass things, with names I have never seen or heard of that are about the size of a Smart Car, made from apparently recycled Cambells Soup cans because they sound like they weight about 600 lbs. as they whiz along the roads at about 6K R.P.M. everywhere.

I have taken up walking if it is less than 5 miles to get somewhere now.....lol.
Plentiful and cheap to get around....if you have the gonads of a T-Rex to use them......lol.

LOL.

Thanks for sharing, your descriptions make me feel like I'm there :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back