shimmy problem

bobbos21

Registered
heres the run down, i put chrome arm, extensions, and rims on over winter. I took the bike out for a ride today and when i get on it real hard and let off of it. I feel a shimmy any ideas on what it could be maybe chain to tight. The rims arnt balanced could that be an issue.

not sure what y ou mean by shimmy???, shaking back and forth, feels like its bouncing up and down, more detail please...

It's not your rims then. If you had ballance issues it would do it the whole time you're at speed. I don't have any experience with the stretched stuff, but how far out is it? Also, is it ONLY when you let out of the trottle? The whole time you're braking or just when coasting down with engine braking?

front tire has about 5k on it. I took it for a ride and i noticed that when i hit the rear brake and hit got into it it felt like it pulled to one side

I had a front tire that was bad and it caused the bike to shimmy when letting off the gas. Now you're saying it pulled to one side when you got on the rear brake? Combined with the shake?

tire rode fine on the old rim but on the new rim i dunno. I think im going to go in there and get things balanced and go from there. My rear tire is pretty worn as well. Just wanted to burn them off this spring but not if its going to get me or someone else hurt, just not worth it

This may sound elementary, but make sure everything is tight and mounted properly. Sometimes the easiest solutions are simply overlooked. But with a shimmy and it pulling when you apply the rear brake and accelerate, it sounds like something is either not tight, or not alligned proplerly. If it's loose, it could be cocking the wheel to the side when you apply the brake, which sould cause it to pull.

Back