Vance and Hines Header System

They should be fine. I have a 4-2 Devil system on mine and I gained about 4-5 hp. I don’t have a PC and it hasn’t been tuned yet so I haven't gained much. V&H usually make good systems. I'm sure one of the resident experts will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong, but I was told that only the 4-1 systems will give you the most power.

I say if you like them, and the price it right, go for it!! I like the look of the system! :thumbsup:

Actually they have been around the Sport Bike arena/market for years! I had local sponsorship from Vance & Hines when I was racing AMA & WERA on my old DeltaBox Aluminum Frame Yamaha FZR400. During the late 80's thru the 90's they were heavily tied to Yamaha.

They have broadened themselves out quite a bit now. But you'd be dealing w/ a good quality, reputable Co.

My self..... I'm waiting for the new 08' Vance & Hines headers to come out. And then I'll be adding the Yosh R-77 canisters :laugh:

Last edited:
I can't speak for the sports bike arena. But I have V&H on the Big Dog, they sound amazing. Neighbors hate it when I ride it to work since I leave at 5AM :thumbsup:

0002.jpg

had a ss2r full system on my 92 gsxr750 i used tohave really liked the sound of it good company so should be good to go

I bought a ss2r for my 92 sportster that was defective( welded wrong in the jig ). with one spiget in the other was 2" away from fitting. Talked to V&H to see about getting it fixed, They wouldn't do anything. They wanted me to go through the guy I bought it from. It ended up costing me $50.00 in shipping. I used to buy V&H for all my bikes, no more.... I won't buy from people that won't stand behind thier product!
Steve Latronica

Looks like a great system...I would buy if I hadnt bought Yosh already.

Back in 86 I had a full V&H on my 86 Ninja 1000R ran excellent. Also had a Dynojet Stage III carb. kit, and 5 degree static timing bump, and a few other goodies back in the day.

Back