Question for Mr. Bogus.

shadetree57

Registered
What other tools are needed when using the Harbor Frieght tire changer? My son and I are thinking about goin together and buying the changer and a balancer simply because I don't really want the dealer to do it. They scratched the rimms on my wife's 600 and I don't want mine messed up.Thanks for your help.

I am flattered but I am not the guy that started the HF tire thing.. I was one of the sheep that took pics :)

IMO... I think the overwhelming choice of add-ons?

The "NoMar" bar... (linky) and get one of their "helping" (linky) hands things... holds the tire in place on the rim...

(you have the tire changer and the motorcycle wheel adapter from HF)

there is also a thread that shows how to make a DIY tire balancer.. (heck of a lot prettier than mine but same style)

Last edited:
Watch for sales from HF. I know mine is having a big sale this weekend.

I also get 20% Coupons emailed to me as well as other useful things.

Like i just bought the wifey some of those vacuum storage bags for blankets. 3 pack for 4.49...regular 9.99. I really like the 3 deco solar garden lights, 14.99 regualr 29.99. I bought a set a while back and then bought a set for my Mom (my mom's actually had 4, an extra butterfly) and my sister in law.

.....sorry, I return you to your thread.:laugh:

Watch for sales from HF. I know mine is having a big sale this weekend.

I also get 20% Coupons emailed to me as well as other useful things.

Like i just bought the wifey some of those vacuum storage bags for blankets. 3 pack for 4.49...regular 9.99. I really like the 3 deco solar garden lights, 14.99 regualr 29.99. I bought a set a while back and then bought a set for my Mom (my mom's actually had 4, an extra butterfly) and my sister in law.

.....sorry, I return you to your thread.:laugh:
HF has become my favorite toystore...

is all that really worth it? $30 a set here including balance at Tricked Out Custom Cycle, walk in with rims and tires or buy tires there and walk out 20 min later...$60 if on bike

I understand your frustration about the scratched rim,but they should have taken care of that for you,any good shop would never just hand you back your rim scratched and say "sorry bout your luck" and you should have never accepted it like that.

Alright, Thanks ya'll. Yeah, bogus I remember that thread and the balancer build was jamup. I'll probly do that. We can get front and rear tires installed and balanced for 179.00 so we may stick to that. Thanks again guys. Have a happy day.:cheerleader:

is all that really worth it? $30 a set here including balance at Tricked Out Custom Cycle, walk in with rims and tires or buy tires there and walk out 20 min later...$60 if on bike

I understand your frustration about the scratched rim,but they should have taken care of that for you,any good shop would never just hand you back your rim scratched and say "sorry bout your luck" and you should have never accepted it like that.
You are exactly right, and normally I don't but maybe I had a brain lapse that day.

$88 carry in for s set here.
the cost of carry in here is $75... figure for $200, you can do your own in less time, less hassle and on your third set of tires here, you putting money back in your pocket..

I use at least 4 sets of tires a season (I will have my third set on just after bash already) I had to make a move away from the $75 for 30 minutes labor the shop was tapping me for...

I can do a quick video about how to do these things as soon as I own a video camera :laugh: you really can change a tire out in 10 minutes with little trouble...

that's a really good price...best price here was $30 per....so I change my own now.

was $45 each for carry in here, waited 3 days to get it changed after I dropped it off @ lunch...bought the 2 part setup @ harbor freight before it was time to change again...use dynabeads and order parts online, haven't been back to the dealer since:thumbsup:

was $45 each for carry in here, waited 3 days to get it changed after I dropped it off @ lunch...bought the 2 part setup @ harbor freight before it was time to change again...use dynabeads and order parts online, haven't been back to the dealer since:thumbsup:

Good info. :thumbsup:

its like 30 per tire here for a carry in but its more like 100 bucks if on the bike
so heres what i do i have access to a tire chager at work no cost to me to use i have all my budies bring there bikes over to me and change their tires for them at a cheaper price then take them to a budys shop where he balances them for free because i buy all my oil and stuff like that from him so i get to put more that a few bucks in my pocket every year sometimes more than that if the get a flat or go thru a tire before the year is up :moon:

Back