Illinois I-Pass

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
Where in Sam's hell am I suppose to put my I-Pass on this thing??? Sorry ..... my BABY

What are we talking about? A prepayed toll device? If that is what you mean, in OK, I put mine in my front jacket pocket. I do this because I called the Pike Pass Authority and they just want you to have it on you and they say...........if it does not read, its not a big deal. Never been pulled over yet.

Just make sure its registered and leave it in the car. All 4 of my bikes are registered and I've never gotten a Ipass ticket!
Posted via Mobile Device

What are we talking about? A prepayed toll device? If that is what you mean, in OK, I put mine in my front jacket pocket. I do this because I called the Pike Pass Authority and they just want you to have it on you and they say...........if it does not read, its not a big deal. Never been pulled over yet.
yep same thing... (and I blow your OKC things all the time on the bike when I am there... I feel like such an outlaw... :rofl: )

I know if you miss they just record your plate and pull it from your account. I'm kinda new with the I-Pass thing, and I tried it just having it in the trunk, but it wasnt picking up.
And yeah, pre-paid tolling device.
Guess i'll try the pocket.
Thanks

I-pass... i have one.
make sure you register it to ALL of your automobiles and cycles you intend on using it for. i made the mistake of taking my car to illinois and didnt register it. i got 4 tickets in the mail about 8 months later. had to call them to get it straightened out.

unfortunately, they want you to have it "exposed" on your vehicle. So I have super strength Valcro holding it to the bike when i ride. it works and it's visible to the cameras who take photos of your bike as you go through, plus it will register with their scanners since it's not hidden.

anywho, that's my suggestion.

If you ride between the lines then you dont get caught down here because you dont register to the cameras.

License plate angle helps with not gettin cought on camera too! With my TigerTail my plate is pretty much only visible from a downward look.
Posted via Mobile Device

Down here we have TXTAG. I have one on my truck, but just go through on the bike.

Tag gets a discount over stop and pay. the toll signs also say pay by mail.....I am waiting on what that cost as I blew through twice last week on the bike.

The tag listed on our TXTAG paperwork for motorcycles says put it on the plate? Then if it doesnt work call them and they will do something else?...prolly a regular tag

Do what i did and move to Wisconsin (no tolls) :laugh:
Still makes me mad every time i go back to Chicago cost me $3.40 to get into the city and $3.40 to get out.

Just make sure its registered and leave it in the car. All 4 of my bikes are registered and I've never gotten a Ipass ticket!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats what I do. Then hug the whiteline and you don't get billed most of the time.

Same here, pocket or trunk.

i pull the i-pass out once at a booth and waved it around above my head it registered after about 5 seconds so after that i registered the bike online and put it in my back pocket... if it doesn't pick it up oh well i tried... but i haven't had any problems... :thumbsup:

ummm....I know we all heard about the Ferrarri that couldnt beat the speed-cams...but, that Itallion Stallion @ fullthrottle is only a Busa in what?? 4th??:laugh:

U can get thru there b4 the camera if ya try hard enuf-there's plenty of 'runway' to build up steam for that one right @ the border....not that I ever do ANYTHING illegal like that, especially not on a motorcycle:whistle:

but fo realz-put the Ipass in jacket pocket, register bike plate, and get rockin:beerchug:

Back