Help with a New Key

Patten

Registered
I'm in need of a new key.

I watched as my little cousin was playing with it, he dropped it in the toilet, and I belive it is stuck in the pipe somewhere now. I took apart my crapper (I worked fora plumber for 4 years when I was younger) In any event, it's either inside a pipe, in my basement. Or literally resting in a pile of rancid ****.

So. I need a new key.

obviously, I cannot take my bike to a locksmith, and he cant make a key with the VIN number.

Also, I dont have the tool to get the ignition off.

Can I just bring in my tail section, containing the key for the back end, since its the same keyhole, just reversed?

Thanks

---Patten

You will need to pay the locksmith to travel out to your site. If you bring in the tail they wont cut you a key for security reasons. Now if the vin # was printed on the tail section and you had proof of ownership to that vin he probably would.

Try and remove the back fairing so you can get to the rear key lock set and take the lock set apart. Then take that to the locksmith.

Last edited:
Go to a suzuki dealer with VIN and proof of ownership and I believe they can get you a new key

I live in the middle of NE, I've never seen a suzuki dealership, but I'll check that now>

I just needed to know if was Possible to make one from the back end, if so, I can just bring the title in, and like...a picture of the bike with the tail section an such, which may work.

Being in the middle of NE, a housecall from a locksmith can get pricey when it's .45 a mile : (

You live in the middle of NE? LOL im in Omaha, NE. Anyways, just bring in the rear lock set. its easy to take apart (you can get to it by taking off the undertail). Besides you cant bring in the whole rear fairing without taking off the rear hump and you said you dont have a key to access the bike.

Last edited:
The tool for the switch is a "Tamper proof" torx.. you can get it at any chain hardware store.. sorry do not recall the size but 35? maybe?

The rear lock set. Im talking about the rear lock. how you open the rear cowl (hump).

Just pull out the retaining plate (#17) and the lock set should fall apart. Try taking the whole thing to the locksmith.

06SUGSX1300RHAYABUSA061.gif

there's a guy here in South Philly that will make you a key for $20,no questions asked send your hump lock to me if you cant get it done and Ill send it right back the same day.

did you check the trapp in the toilet,it may be sitting in there,unless there was paper inthe sh!tter too when flushed

Thanks for all the help guys>

Love the community here.

I'll sure send it to ya since you're willing to help me out< I'll stash like...a gift certificate to steak inside the hump ;)

I'll try the local locksmith, and if he's got some issues, thats what I'll do

thanks again for your time .org!

-Patten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patten View Post
I need to remove the ignition from my bike, and get it to a locksmith.
I cant seem to find what kind of tool is needed to remove it.
perhaps to avoid theft?
I cant get it off.
Is there some special tool needed to remove the ignition?

thanks!
OR,
Can I just send the locksmith the tail section of my bike? since it uses the same key, just backwards?

Thanks! --Patten

:cheerleader: The rear lock will work off the ignition key, but you can not make a ignition key using the rear lock. A Suzuki dealer should be able to make you a key with proof of ownership and your VIN#...call one...you might even be able to do it through the mail.

***In the future just :bump: your first thread...rather than starting a new one.***

Goldenchild answered your question already... :cheerleader:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107306-ignition.html

Last edited:
have an 06 and want to get a key made just to have a spare. how expensive are they to have made? i want the suzuki key, so i assume i have to hit a dealership to get it made? thanks for any help!

Back