How to lift the front end back up?

TurboSN95

Registered
I'm looking to raise the front end of my Busa back up, after trying out the Genmar 1.25" spacer and the front end dropped accordingly. Is it possible to do this by loosening the bolts on the front end and using straps, or an engine hoist? I don't have access to a stand that lifts up the Busa by the triple tree...

Figured I'd ask before attempting this.... thanks!

Confused... you mean lifting, as in getting the front off the ground for service, right?

If so, if you have stock headers, put a scissor jack or low profile jack under the headers with a block of wood underneath and lift from that point (look at the service manual for reference, it's lifted in several pics throughout).

I want to set the front end ride-height back to stock.... so I want to lift the nose up and then tighten it all up so it stays put.

I put mine on the rear stand and then used a floor jack under the oil pan to lift it and it worked fine for me.

Thanks guys.... the jack with wood under the stock header worked perfectly. Most of the time spent was getting the two at the exact same height. 1.25" drop was just a little too low, so I split the difference for now.

you can do it like that, just be careful

Oh, I used a rear and front stand as well. The jack under the stock headers got the bike a little bit off the ground and I went from there.

put up on rear stand.

Hook some tie straps from your garage joists to the handle bars and use a floor jack under the oil pan. The straps are used to help it keep from tipping left and right.

I use a Baxley Sport Chock, and rear stand along with a jack when adjusting bikes.

Back