helmet for MSF class??

eherb03

Registered
Im going to take the MSF course this year to learn how ride. They require me to have a dot helmet w/o a face shield. anybody know where i can find something cheap that would work? i think im only going to use it for this class because once a get a bike i would buy a full face helmet. THanks

what size do you wear? I may have one you can have.

hey bro you can wear a 3/4 helmet or a full helmet as long as they are DOT. You also need eye protection, your face shield is fine but glasses (sun or prescription) should be ok too. What state are you in?
Posted via Mobile Device

also they should have some for you to use.
Posted via Mobile Device

Without a face shield? That's different, I took my MSF in FL last year and wore a full face with shield and sunglasses at times. I guess it varies by state/instructor?

Im going to take the MSF course this year to learn how ride. They require me to have a dot helmet w/o a face shield. anybody know where i can find something cheap that would work? i think im only going to use it for this class because once a get a bike i would buy a full face helmet. THanks

And :welcome: to the .ORG!

:welcome: to the Org.
Double check your rules, in Missouri at least a face shield is perfectly OK for the MSF course. "Eye and face protection, either goggles or visor"...Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Go ahead and get your full face, it'll be just fine with them. At the worst, you can wear one of the helmets the MSF supplies.
Have fun, it's a great time. I was forced to take it a while back as a condition of getting a ticket dropped, and I still had a blast.:thumbsup:

Not looking to bash but are you looking to getting a Busa without a permit/license or any motorcycle experience?

Welcome and Be safe.

I'm taking the course at a community college here in Michigan. i may have misspoke, I'm sure they allow the full face but i do remember reading somewhere they prefer not to have those because it would be easier to hear and see without one. To be honest I'm not even sure what size i would be, I'm totally new to all of this. I would guess a XL. sounds like i better go try some on. thanks guys

I would love to get a busa right now but know better. gonna take the course first and go from there. i see myself starting on something smaller and working up. Im 6'5 280. what do you think would be a good first step for my big ass?

Well a Busa would definitely fit you. Im 6'8" 265. Its a good fit if you had the experience.

I would look at an 650 enduro(DR, KLX, XL) bike if I was in your situation? All the typical starter bikes are going to be way to small to enjoy at your size even as a beginner.

Yea no experience here. I figured the small starter bikes were way too small. ill have to look into that enduro. thanks

go with one of their helmets then take your time and find one you like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back